cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cazbbank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

welfare case still not resolved after 11 days

My 92 year old grandmother who has a heart condition has had no phone for 11 days, she is meant to be a priority welfare case, which is meant to mean a fix within 30 hours.

My gran lives alone in an isolated rural home and relies on her phone to use her emergency alarm that she wears on her wrist in case she falls. She is unable to use a mobile phone, as she finds them confusing and too complicated.

BT have given us several dates for the repair, but everytime they fail to turn up.  We are at our wits end and this is causing so much stress for my gran and my mum, who is having to go visit her several times a day to check on her.

We keep being fobbed off by the call centres, who keep telling us we'll get a call back the next day, we don't want a call back the next day, we want to know my gran is safe and able to call for help in an emergency!

Please help!!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: welfare case still not resolved after 11 days

Once the Forum Mods have read your post THIS WILL BE TOMMOROW NOW they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators to look into this urgently; they should post info here in the morning of how to provide the personal details they'll need.

EDIT:  Posted before I saw john's message.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi cazbbank,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry that the repair of your grandmother's line is taking so long. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your gran's details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

A Welfare Case does not guarantee a repair within 30hrs.....

It just means that particular job takes priority over others....... If it's an easy repair like a DIS in the cab or at the DP, yeah no problem but if it requires say 250m of 400 pair cable changeover with civils work to clear and repair duct blockages, which might need a road or partial road closure then no, you can't do that in 30hrs......
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

@cazbbank  I don't dispute what lines_man says, but it's not helpful and there's no excuse for failing to keep you informed. Please don't let it put you off contacting the moderators - they don't often perform miracles but should at least be able to identify the problem.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

I just tell it the way it is...... Unlike BT who can't seem to be able too.....
0 Ratings
cazbbank
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Day 14

After being told that the fault would definatley be fixed today, we've had another no show. Following another call to the call centre it transpires that Openreach are coming on Thursday (Day 17), but unfortunately this is just to perform a traffic survey, rather than actually fix anything. Open reach are aware that traffic lights are needed as my Gran has had to have traffic lights on two seperate occassions less than six months ago, so a traffic survey is a pointless exercise/delay tactic! We know from past experiences that it takes at least a week to get planning permission from the council to install traffic lights along the road. 

I'm guessing that it will be at least the middle of next week before anyone even attempts to fix anything.

We have also had no responce from our email to the moderators! 

Question: Does Openreach have the concept of priority welfare cases or does that definition only apply to BT consumer? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

The moderators will take 3-5 working days to reply.

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Oh look, I was right.....

And yes, they have to submit all the paper work to the local authority every time, just the way it is..... As much as Utility Companies would love to close or do partial road closures as and when they like they can't........
0 Ratings