Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swampy47
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

wires hanging out of bt cable box

Go to solution

Hello, I have a bt box outside  with wires hanging out  top of my bunglow,

I rang bt weeks ago about this and they say because im with virgin phone they must do this..

well yesterday they were  re paveing the outside road when the  work men broke the virgin cable  buried in the ground and it broke all our tv internet and phone  , I could see the wires myself it was a phone line and coaxil cable so it means the little box up the top of my house must be the bt box of wires hanging out.  The box also is connected to the telegraph pole line.  

so question is Smiley Happy  is this bt property and bt to fix ..? 

I'm nearly 70 years old now and can't get u the ladder

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: wires hanging out of bt cable box

Go to solution

you need to report the problem to openreach not BT Retail  this link may help  https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellus.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It's not too clear what the problem is, you don't seem to be BT Consumer customer , if you are not ( and it seems you are a Virgin Media customer not BT  ) , then you seem to be complaining about what effectively is redundant wiring from the telegraph pole to your property....if this drop wire isn't in use then no one is going to do anything about repairing /replacing or removing it , after all it's obviously not affecting your VM service, and it cannot be affecting 'BT' service because there is no service over it .

In general, if a property had BT type service previously , but now gets service from Virgin, the cable isn't removed but left in situ , should that address want service from a provider that uses Openreach's network in the future, and the existing drop wire is not up to standard, then at that point it any issues with it could be addressed by Openreach, the only exception would be if it were in a dangerous state (laid across a road for example ) then OR (not BT)  would attend to take the wire down from the pole.

swampy47
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

thank you for replying

I forgot to say also the cover for the little box is missing so thats why all the wires are hanging out 

I'll try bt again with the details thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@swampy47 thanks for posting and welcome to the community, it needs to be reported directly to Openreach on the following number 0800 023 2023  then choose Option 1.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You