Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

BT Hub 4 & Hub 3 repeater

I have infinity in my 3 storey house, im getting 78mb which is fantastic but the hhb 4 is in the living room. My ps3 & pc is up on 3rd floor. I recently bought powerline adapters which work fanstic but my iphone 5 doesnt pick up the wifi that far up. I dont want to have to spend more money buying the powerline wifi adapters, can i use my old hhb 3 on top floor to increase the wifi range?

Distinguished Sage

Re: BT Hub 4 & Hub 3 repeater

You could add a network switch to the powerline adapter on the 3rd floor, and plug your old home hub 3 into it, plus anything else, like the PC.

This guide may help.

Link BT two home Hub 3s together and extend your wireless to another location.

Just use the settings as described, for the remote home hub 3.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner

I have the hhb3 now set up in the attic, i have the powerline adapter ethernet going into the red infinity socket on rear of hub and an ethernet going from port 1 to the pc, i have also followed the instructions on setting it up as a repeater but still no luck.

Beginner

I just solved the problem, i had the powerline ethernet going into the infinity port on rear, when i put it into port 1 wifi is working and my pc is now plugged into ethernet 2 and working perfect too

I set this up, works great.

I know this is an old thread but could you copy paste the instructions into a .txt file or something for me? I just switched to Virgin Media and as such i cant access the link that you posted.

Jake