Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Bt Wifi maximuim number of sessions reached

This is becoming a regular thing where I am logged out from the WiFi but when I try to log in it appears with that message.
I've tried restarting deleting history and cookies and WiFi memory. Usually I give it time and it works but its been about 12 hours now and I'm still unable to log in.
What can I do?
Distinguished Sage

Re: Bt Wifi maximuim number of sessions reached

[ Edited ]

If you exceed your usage of 10,000 minutes, then you will keep getting disconnected, could that be your problem?

BT wifi is really intended for when you are away from home

It says on the website "If you regularly use the service inappropriately, or your usage exceeds 10,000 minutes in any given month, your session may be disconnected and you’ll need to re-login every 30 minutes thereafter until the start of the next month"

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

Re: Bt Wifi maximum number of sessions reached

There is no restriction on how many times you can log into BTWifi. It should log you out after 2 hours so if you want to use it longer than that you need to log back in.

You can only have one device logged on at a time. Have you logged out every device that you have used on BTWifi in case it is still registering a device logged on.

Could somebody else be using it with your log on which would prevent you logging on?

Beginner

I'm on a contract for unlimited minutes a month. Its not that I keep getting logged out its that I can't get back in this time.

I've disconnected anything else that can pick up WiFi but I was last using it on my laptop when I was disconnected after a few minutes. And no one else has my login.
Distinguished Sage

Are you talking about BTWifi at hotspots or logging onto you BT Homehub by wireless or using 3g on your phone?

Beginner

Btwifi hotspots.
Distinguished Sage

Try contacting the BTWif technical help on this number 0800 022 33 22 there may be a problem with your log on details that may need to be reset.

Beginner

Thank you. I try to avoid the helplines as much as possible but they were friendly and they reset the sessions so I could log in.
All good now.
Distinguished Sage

I know what you mean about help lines but occasionally they do work. Glad you got it sorted.