Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't connect my new iPad2 to BT Home Hub2

Now desperate.

I bought a 32Gb 3G iPad2 on Friday 11 November.  This refused to connect to my BT Home Hub 2.

After a fruitless call with Apple Support (lasting in excess of 1 hour), I visited the Apple store to identify the problem with my iPad.  Although my iPad connected via the in-store Wi-fi, the Apple guy gave me a replacement unit as he said the iPad's connection was slow.

I returned home this evening, updated the iPad to the new 5.0.1 software and once again, it failed to connect to my home network.

So far, I've:

1.  hard reset / powered down my iPad and router and tried connecting = no success;

2.  changed my settings on my router from WPA to WEP and back again = no success; and

3.  refreshed all settings on both the iPad and router.

I have six devices (two laptops, two iPhones, one iPod and another iPad 2!) connected to my BT Home Hub 2 and all run faultlessly.

Starting to pull my hair out now.  Any advice warmly welcomed.

Re: Can't connect my new iPad2 to BT Home Hub2

Anyone?
Expert

Will the Ipad connect if all the other devices are disconnected from WifI? The only thing I can think of is try changing the Mode from B/G/N to just B/G and see if it connects.

Guru

maestegman wrote:

Now desperate.

I bought a 32Gb 3G iPad2 on Friday 11 November.  This refused to connect to my BT Home Hub 2.

After a fruitless call with Apple Support (lasting in excess of 1 hour), I visited the Apple store to identify the problem with my iPad.  Although my iPad connected via the in-store Wi-fi, the Apple guy gave me a replacement unit as he said the iPad's connection was slow.

I returned home this evening, updated the iPad to the new 5.0.1 software and once again, it failed to connect to my home network.

So far, I've:

1.  hard reset / powered down my iPad and router and tried connecting = no success;

2.  changed my settings on my router from WPA to WEP and back again = no success; and

3.  refreshed all settings on both the iPad and router.

I have six devices (two laptops, two iPhones, one iPod and another iPad 2!) connected to my BT Home Hub 2 and all run faultlessly.

Starting to pull my hair out now.  Any advice warmly welcomed.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

There are bound to be forums members and viewers who have an iPad2 and connected it to their HH2 wireless, like you have!

As you've already connected one, the only things to check are all the settings again (sorry for any inference).

Can you see any other networks around your house via the iPad ?, not to connect, just to see if they can show up.

Don't forget people will respond when they see your post (and can offer some assistance), which can take a few hours or more.

Thanks Andy and apologies for appearing impatient.  It's just that I'm approaching the end of my tether on this.

I've had a new iPad 2 sitting here since Friday and I can't get the thing connected.  It's extremely frustrating.

The iPad sees other networks.

Thanks Edd.  I'll try anything :-)

How do I go about changing to b/g?

Expert

Thanks Edd.

I tried taking the router down to b/g with no joy.

Any other ideas?

This problem has now stumped quite a few people - including me.

Hi there I hope I'm not to late to help you. However ive only had my ipad2 for a couple of weeks and I was having the same problem as you. So we had a route around after we read the comments on this site. So what we found out was we went into settings, then highlight MOBILE DATA then go to the mobile data bar at the top of the page. You tun it off and it goes automatically to you home hub. Then when you are away from home turn it on. Good luck