Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Distinguished Guru

Re: Home Hub 3 and wireless connection problems - IPv6?

BT don't support IPv6 at all on their home internet products, so it's not worth trying to use it.  Disabling it might help (or it might not).

Aspiring Contributor

Thanks for responding ectophile.  I just want to get this netbook online.  I've spent all night on this problem and frankly I'm pretty fed up.

Distinguished Guru

If it's an old netbook, then it might not support 802.11n ("wireless n").  A fix for that is to set the Home Hub to only use 802.11b/g.  However, that would significantly slow the connection for every wireless device.

Aspiring Contributor

Thank you, it's two years old and I've established it's "n".  Seriously bummed about this. Smiley Frustrated

Aspiring Contributor

Network connection, perfect, impeccable, on my 6 year old HP laptop with b/g wifi card.  Two year old Samsung Netbook has "n" wireless card and IPv6 as well, that doesn't even show in my Wireless Status on the old laptop.  CAN'T CONNECT AT ALL.

Never, EVER a problem before BT Infinity.  Ever.  WTF.

Disabling IPv6 didn't help at all, BTW.  Made it worse.

Grasping at straws here, before (1) telling BT they have BLEEPED UP our broadband and H E double hockey sticks am I going to pay to get out of this contract when you have BLEEPED it up in the first place, or (2) doing the easy thing and buying my own router.

THIS S*X.

Contributor

Hi

"

I am at home now and looking at the poor netbook - when I look at the Wireless Network Connection Status it says:

IPv4 Connectivity:  Internet

IPv6 Connectivity:  No Internet Access

Signal quality excellent (but then it would be sitting 2 ft away from the HH3)"

This would suggest that the netbook is connected to the internet just not displaying webpages.

This could be an issue with the settings in internet explorer or your wireless card.

The wireless signal on the hh3 is nowhere near as good as the hh2 in my opinion.

Aspiring Expert

Re: Home Hub 3 and wireless connection problems

[ Edited ]

**Deleted**

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks so much deltaflyer, lucky I looked at it this morning on my ipad before it was deleted! Smiley Wink

BB
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you are suffering with exactly the same issue as me

Tiny one bedroom flat which had near enough faultless BT Broadband with a HM2, downgraded to Infinity with HM3 & now have a wireless speed ranging from a rare 17.52Mbps DL/1.59Mbps UL to a lowly 597.3Kbps DL/146.7Kbps (unfortunately I would say a 1.5mbpDL & 1mbp UL being as close to standard I could quote), streaming & online gaming are now a no no which is the main reason for me wanting a wireless connection 

Forum support has advised me they are unwilling/unable Smiley Madto help me further, ringing the Indian call centre quite frankly is just a waste of time & almost a month & half later still no offer of sending out an engineer to see if there is a wiring fault somewhere between the box & my flat 

Looking at this it appears there is a solution to this entire situation from deltaflyer which BT don't want sharing, mmmm interesting 

Aspiring Contributor

Trying to access wifi/internet through Mozilla Firefox.

Never a problem before Infinity installed.  Ever.  What changed?