Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Re: Home Hub 4 Lights & Broadband activation

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/STWHTLY is the exchange which is an annexe of the real Locks Heath exch. It actually serves the large town of Whiteley, & not 1  household Samknows.

For my update - the eng rung me  1145am to say that the fault was in a "card" in the exch & a Transmission eng will have to visit the exch to sort it & that if it wasn't fixed by 4pm, that I had to call helpline to get the update & if it had been fixed then I'd probably need PPP re-do to get my bband working.

Anyhow, I rung 410pm & just under 1 hr later I got off the phone. No bband ! Apparantly the Transmission eng would have to visit me & then after being passed around I'm told that in fact a Transmission eng had started to work on it from 5pm & it should be fixed by morning & that Openworld won't have to visit me. I've been on hold & heard more hold music in the last week to last a lifetime! Crazy!

Expert

I don't blame you for being upset I would be  too. What I don't understand is that a massive company like BT cant co-ordinate departments to come out with uniform answer. Or if not just say .--We are still investigating the fault. It might make the subscriber unhappy at the time but at least they will be getting an honest answer. When I worked in  Subs apparatus and line maintenance and then the call routing apparatus maintenance[business] You were told to say that the job is in hand and that an engineer will/wont need to call. It was kept to that level. If the engineer called if it would take a while to fix-scrambled processor card etc. You told the subscriber that. Many can appreciate the fact they were kept informed  rather than saying different things that changed by the minute. 

Aspiring Contributor

Yep, I'd rather be told the truth just like the engineer did on the phone when he said about the card in the exchange. All this passing from overseas call centres to another just adds to the frustration. I'm not racist, but I do find it difficult to understand overseas accents & I'm often asking them to repeat their words. Furthermore, every time it's the same old have you tried this? that? etc etc. Once a fault passes to Openworld you would think that you could get back to them direct & not through the helpline again! That's why I'm so miffed with BT.

Expert

I know exactly where you are coming from. I cannot understand the India help line and they cant understand me >not because I have a very strong regional accent I dont but I have talked to people from Yorkshire/ lancashire Birmingham west country and they all say the same. They cant  understand them . They work to a script if one passes you over they start again at the beginning. Only 40% of the calls I have made there were fixed by their staff. Bt has a 2 tier service --you can pay for UK engineers to answer you and get your PC up and running on the Web but its pricy. BT are losing a lot of prestige by keeping this cheap service going. Many people agree with me. If they lowered the price of the UK service I for one would pay. I once complained and actually got a UK engineer to help me-WORLD of difference!!! 

Aspiring Contributor

Totally agree. 

Ironically BT own PLUSNET who Keep It British! 

Well, at just after 10pm my broadband started to work. My hub went blue. Only trouble is I can't leave it in the Test socket for ever so I'm going to have to take the plunge & put all my phones/wires back the way they were, & hope I don't lose much speed. 

Expert

Best of luck-Steinman- Nice talking to you.

Aspiring Contributor

Thanks Duncan10 - nice nattering with you too.

May your broadband never drop out !!Smiley Very Happy