Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

Home hub 3 manager password change.

I have searched the site for this subject but found nothing that matched my problem.

Recieved my hub today and had no problems getting onto the net. As I have no wireless on my PC I connect my hub via an eithernet cable.

As my laptop does not support the factory settings of WPA2 I need to change the settings to WEP via the Home hub settings. (bthomehub/home)

I am now faced with the following page.

Home hub.JPG

I have placed the admin password which is on the pull out tab on my hub and consists of 8 letters and numbers into the admin password box. I have placed a new password in the next two box's and pressed the "change password and open BT hub manager. This I did and the next view showed me some router settings but not the security ones. I clicked on the settings tab at the top of the page and was again shown the picture above.

Surely if I had changed my password and got into the router manager, why does it keep asking me to change my password??

Previous routers ask for a username followed by a password, this does not even get this far.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

Aspiring Contributor

Re: Home hub 3 manager password change.

Just had a google around and found out that this hub does not always play ball with a FireFox browser.

Used Internet Explorer and it worked perfect - how strange????

There must be a way to view this properly in FF surely - anyone else had the same problem?

Happy New Year to you all.

Pimpers.

PC
Expert

[ Edited ]

Glad you solved the logging in... Smiley Happy

However I wouldn't stay with WEP as that is a very easy to crack OLD wireless encryption.

If you have a spare USB socket you could consider using a wireless adapter.

I use this Edimax wireless n type. in my laptop.. and "Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA , WPA2 encryption

The mini size only sticks out a little a sample price HERE.

There is a Nano version spec HERE.

However the larger version   imho would stick out of a laptop too much and is more suitable for a PC.

I have them running in two laptops running vista and win 7 and a third older laptop running XP.

There are many other manufacturers of USB wireless adapters.

Just in case you thought you were stuck with WEP.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

Aspiring Contributor

Thank you PC for your reply and it is very much appreciated.

I will look into these adaptors at a later stage.

I am happy with the WEP for the moment as I live in a village and the laptop is not running all the time. It is only when the main PC is being used and I want to go online is the laptop used.

The Wii is also used via this set up.

Many thanks again for your help.

Pimpers.