Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Change MultiPlexing Methods On My BT Home Hub 3

Hi,

I've had my BT Home Hub 3 and BT Infinity 40meg unlimited plan for about a year now, but I have recently got a Sky+HD Package and I have also activated Anytime+. The problem is that I have connected an Ethernet cable to my Sky+HD box (like it says that you should) but I don't want to connect it via WiFi because that will cost me an extra £60 and I would rather just use a cable. The cable is working fine, but it's still not connecting, so I searched the internet and the solution is most likely going to be that I need to change my MultiPlexing Methods on my BT Home Hub Version 3 from VC to LLC.

So I would love some help with this, and I need to know how to change my MultiPlexing Method from VC to LLC preferably without having to ring up BT, but I don't mind if I HAVE to. I would much rather prefer to be able to do this from my BT Home Hub 3 Manager (as in the page when you go to 192.168.1.254). I know that it counts as ADSL Settings, but under that it doesn't give any MultiPlexing Methods like i've been told that it should.

Any Help Will Be Much Appreciated,

Thanks,

Raj Ubhi

Distinguished Sage

Re: How To Change MultiPlexing Methods On My BT Home Hub 3

you need to change nothing on the hub anytime + works perfectly well using an ethernet cable there is no need to connect via wireless

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.

I'm very sorry john46, I must disagree 100% I have connected as you describe, on a sky + HD standard box and a Sky+ HD 2TB box, both via a Home network to my BT Home Hub 3 and whereas the standard box retains Anytime + or On Demand as it is now known, the 2TB box refuses to retain the On Demand information.

On the Sky Forums it has been suggested that the Mux setting on the router should be changed to LLC from VC. So can you please answer the question, can this be done and how?

[ Edited ]

hi, i would like to know this too please, i am not techy but i cant get a wirless connector to work with bt home hub 3, sky says i need to change adsl setting multiplexing to llc based on my home hub to connect, can you please tell me where i can do this, i dont want to have to move my bt broadband to sky just to get this to work

thank you

Distinguished Sage

hi MultiPlexing Method from VC to LLC cannot be changed on the home hub there should there is no reason that it should not work there are many people on the forum who use the service all with no problem
from what i remember you need to phone sky and get them to activate the service on your sky box

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Distinguished Sage

if you go to services on remote then settings then network does it show anything?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

thanks - yes it shows fail in the network and internet boxes, but connected to bt-hub with full strength connection
Distinguished Sage

as you are using a wireless connection to your sky box have you entered the wireless security code when prompted

Try a Search
Distinguished Sage

I use a netgear which is set to vc based in multiplexing and have no problems with on demand on 2 sky hd boxes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

yes of course, it is connected to the router according to the tv, but fail in both the local connection and local service boxes