Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

How do I cancel my BT Broadband?

Well I have been with BT now for 2 weeks and I have NEVER received the speed I was quoted, add to that the ridiculous thottling of my connection between 4PM and Midnight and I have a service which is nothing like the "Unlimited" super duper option I signed up for in December.

I have a contract but surely the sale of goods act will help me here?

Beginner

Re: How do I cancel my BT Broadband?

Have you even reported this as a fault to give BT a chance of fixing the problem? Call 0800 111 4567 to speak to a broadband technical helpdesk advisor before thinking about cancelling, they might just sort the problem.

Remember that it can take up to 10 days to fully stabilise and find its best throughput rate, so this could be why it's been slow. Keep your router on and let the speed adjust.
Contributor

Will give that a go but quite frankly 48bps download speeds and 8weeks ETA for downloads are a bit beyond a joke!

Aspiring Expert

Speak to citizens advice, they helped me with a mis-sold contract with BT.

Beginner

CAB wont do anything, in this case, without a fault reported to BT.

Uktotty, it may be an internal wiring issue have you tried changing your microfilter and moving to your test socket?

See here:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13567/~/fault-testing-with-a-line-box-socket
Distinguished Sage

what happened to your 12mb connection you had and seemed to be fixed with 11000 profile.

did you fit the iplate and knock your connection off?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor

The 12Mbit was a glitch I guess, I am getting 7mb on average now and the throttling of downloads during my peak internet time is a joke.

Distinguished Sage

what about the iplate - did you fit it or did the connection drop before that?

with your attenuation you should still be getting about 12mb so there is a problem on your line - email the mods again for some action

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor

Iplate is now fitted as the line speed was all over the place.

Lady in India said to me tonight that I will get between 3mbits and 15mbits so my line is totally fine and there is nothing I can do, and I am in contract so screw you kind of thing!

Tonight's result is

Download speedachieved during the test was - 9640 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :12164 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 880 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 10000 Kbps

But tomorrow or in 10 minutes it could be 6.5 or 0.02 as it was last night!

I am also not sure if the home hub is working well due to the DHCP issues etc

Distinguished Sage

so you connection looks ok again - 12mb with the correct 10000 profile and 9640 download