Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Iphone 5 / Ipad won't connect to BT Home Hub 4 (Iphone 3gs will) after Wireless key change

I just joined BT this week, hi everybody.

I connected my Iphone 5, Iphone 3gs, Iphone 3g and ipad 1 using the default Wireless key, no problem.

Today I changed the Wireless key on the hub today (as advised on BT site), problems.

My Iphone 3gs and Iphone 3g took to it fine, running as normal with change key.

My iphone 5 says 'Incorrect password for 'BTHub-MC35'.

My ipad 1 says 'Unable to join the network 'BTHub-MC35''.

Since this happened I have installed the BT Wi-fi app on Iphone 5 and Ipad 1 and both connect via the BTWi-Fi and BTWifi-with-FON using my BT Home Hub.

1. What is going on, is my router faulty?

2. Can I just keep using BTWi-Fi and BTWifi-with-FON to no detriment?

3. The only problems I see is I use the Tango app over Wi-Fi for my Iphones and ipad to communicate.

Things I tried after reading other threads.

1. Apple. Reset Network Settings. Turned off device.

2. Apple. Forget this network. Turned off device.

3. Apple. Turned off other devices Wi-Fi whilst trying to connect each device in turn.

4. BT Hub. deleted devices.

5. BT. reset wireless setting back to default.

6. BT. tried different channels.

7. BT. tried WAP only and WAP2 only.

Thanks for any tips.

Beginner

Re: Iphone 5 / Ipad won't connect to BT Home Hub 4 (Iphone 3gs will) after Wireless key change

I forgot to add the Iphone 5 and Ipad connect to the BT Hub if I turn off WPA and WPA2.

Distinguished Sage

Re: Iphone 5 / Ipad won't connect to BT Home Hub 4 (Iphone 3gs will) after Wireless key change

I believe it does tell you to change the admin key but I don't know why it would tell you to change the wireless key. 

Make sure the wireless key is alphanumeric with no symbols etc.

You could try doing a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for 20 seconds. This will put the wireless passkey back to what is shown on the label/card that comes with the hub.

You will then have to re enter this passkey into your devices to allow them to connect.

If you think it is the Tango app that is causing the problem then try removing it to see if it is the problem. You can always reinstall it if it's not.

Expert

you may need to delete any saved settings for the wifi on the devices that will not connect, then connect from scratch again using the new password as the devices have stored the old passwords in their network settings

Distinguished Sage

Try it on WPA2 only

Beginner

Thanks.
Partial success, resetting the Hub got the ipad connected. I'll try again, see if I get a full house!
(The Tango app was only an issue because I need the iphones and ipad to be on my network to work. If I was only able to connect through a BT Wi-Fi Hotspot then they couldn't communicate.)

Beginner

Well, the Iphone 5 still will not connect.

Randomly the ipad will and will not with each reset.

This is weird.

Distinguished Sage

I use ipads and iphone 5 's here and a HH 4 with no problems ensure all wireless settings are entered correctly you should not need an app to run those devices on a network just connect the devices in there settings page entering security codes as needed this link may help you http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35889/c/346,502,504

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Distinguished Sage

Once you have done the reset, "forget" the homehub network on your devices, switch them off and then restart them. Make a new connection using the original wireless passkey.

Beginner

Thanks for all the help so far. I have tried all the suggestions above.

I still cannot reconnect to my wireless network with my Iphone 5.

In the phones Wi-Fi settings the networks appear as follows:

BTHub-MC35

BTWiFi

BTWiFi-with-FON

If I 'Forget this Network' they reappear when I go back to the WiFi page. If I turn the Hub off they all disappear.

Clicking on BTHub-MC35 comes up with 'Incorrect password for 'BTHub4-MC35''. If I remove the Hub password it connects.

If I click on BTWiFi or BTWiFi-with-FON it connects using my Hub as a Hotspot and does not appear in my Wireless network.

As the hub is only 4 days old maybe I should get BT to swap it.