Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems with Home Hub 3 connecting a Repeater

I recently just recieved Infinity broardband and so have just had the new Homehub 3.0b, I have already been with BT for a few years now for broadband, so already pre own the BT Homehub v1.5, after looking on here the other day I found that it should be possible to make my homehub 1.5 a repeater, but after following instructions on this link below

I have been unsucessfull, I made sure both encriptions were in WEP and using same Security code, and used IP adress as stated in this, but when I go onto the Homehub 3 I can find anything to make it be picked up as repater and it's not found either, even though I have made Home hub 1.5 as a repeater..

Is this just not possible between these two hubs, or am I doing  some wrong or missing something.

I'm trying to achieve this wireless so can use Hub 1.5's Erthnets to connect to Blu-ray player and extend wireless signal.

thanks. 

Distinguished Sage

Re: Problems with Home Hub 3 connecting a Repeater

[ Edited ]

wolfeman wrote:

I recently just recieved Infinity broardband and so have just had the new Homehub 3.0b, I have already been with BT for a few years now for broadband, so already pre own the BT Homehub v1.5, after looking on here the other day I found that it should be possible to make my homehub 1.5 a repeater, but after following instructions on this link below
Is this just not possible between these two hubs, or am I doing  some wrong or missing something.

I'm trying to achieve this wireless so can use Hub 1.5's Erthnets to connect to Blu-ray player and extend wireless signal.

thanks. 

You cannot use the home hub 1.5 as a wireless repeater as its not compatible. You have to use a universal wireless repeater.

There is lots of information here about extending the HH3 Wireless boosting

This is quite a common question.

If you need any more help, then let me know.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.