Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Home Hub 3 Firmware Updates

Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if it possible to stop the overnight firmware updates, the latest version of the firmware is causing major problems connecting my XP laptops wirelessly, this is until i downgrade the firmware then all is fine. Then overnight the firmware is upgraded again and i am back to normal no wireless connection.

Thanks for any help

HHThreebad

Distinguished Sage

No, the home hubs are managed remotely by BT. I am surprised that you can downgrade the firmware yourself. Are you sure that its not simply the HH3 going to sleep? Does restarting it fix the problem?

It may be simply the user config file that is being updated.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Sage

there have been NO recent updates to the hub i suggest you carefully recheck your wireless setting if there was an update that was causing wireless issues these forums would be flooded with posts on the subject and they are not
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

I am experiencing the same issue, all my WIndows based laptops can not connect. If there is only one connected a time it is fine but 2 it atomatically disconnects all of the laptops

this happened last night
Distinguished Sage

recheck your wireless settings there is no reason why the hub should do that
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Hi Keith

The HH3 type A is doing my head in, I am not sure what you mean by "Going to sleep" restarting may repair the problem, but it is very short lived it is soon disconnected. One thing i have noticed that when it is connected and working and when i point at the little wireless icon on the task bar it says "wireless connection BT Hub3-**SW" then the signal strength drops and it disconnects from the internet, or blocks access to the internet, it then says "wireless connection (Access Point) but there is no internet. I managed to downgrade the firmware by entering the hub with the normal 192.168.1.254/firmware_update and loaded a file and away you go, but it is useless if it just gets updated again.

Thanks for your previous reply

Andy

Hi John46

I have had the issue on and off for over three months, so it is not a recent update issue, also i have discovered that i do still have the problem with the downgraded firmware so I give up! I plan to drive the hammer straight through the hub shortly, I believe it is made by Sagem, and in my experience when ever I have bought Sagem products they don't last more than a couple of months. Anyway thanks for your help

Andy 

Distinguished Sage

nnavas,

Look at the wireless help below.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Sage

You may have some incompatibility somewhere. If you have tried all the options on my help site, then all I can suggest is that you either use a different router, or add a separate wireless access point.

A different wireless router would be the cheapest and easiest solution.

There are some suggestions on my website.