Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

changing home hub3 admin password

We have a Home Hub 3 version. I need to change the admin password as my son has the current password and keeps changing the access settings to give himself more time online :-(

When I go into the admin settings for the router it seems to be happy to accept the change of password, and the new password appears to work (and we've done this via IE as well as Firefox after reading about some issues with the browser used). However, my son appears to be able to get the router to revert back to the old password without knowing the new password.

I'm not sure how he does this, but advice would be welcome on how to ensure that the router admin password is changed and the old password no longer works.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Distinguished Sage

Re: changing home hub3 admin password

He probably just resets the router to factory default using the reset button.

Someone on this forum suggested putting a blob of glue over the hole where the reset button is.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Expert

[ Edited ]

Assuming you have a HH3, go to the screen where you normally enter the admin password and choose "password override"  -  you'll see that's another means to get in without knowing the admin password.   Once he's in, he can change it to whatever he wants.   Really there's little or no security to protect you against someone who has physical access to the HH3.

Have you tried the threat of violence yet  ?   Smiley LOL

Distinguished Guru

I'd take KB's blob of glue and stick it somewhere vital on the child's device. That would hurt them more than physical violence. Smiley Happy

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.