Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

homehub 3 and cctv

im wanting to connect my cctv to my homehub 3 so i can watch it on my iphone while im away i have gone through all the port forwarding stuff but i can see it when im on my home network but not when im out and about any ideas how i do this 

any help will be greatly appreciated 

dave

Aspiring Expert

Re: homehub 3 and cctv

They is a current known issue with port forwarding on the HH3, it is being looked at; hopefully an update will be released shortly. If you really need this feature you could always use another router.

There may be a work around specific to your problem, hopefully some tech may step in.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. Smiley Happy ***
Aspiring Contributor

Aspiring Contributor

thanks for your reply i hope either the update is soon or a tech guys steps in to answer too
Aspiring Contributor

I get my HH3 and Infinity installed on 6th May and am also hoping that my DVR CCTV will run as it does with my Belkin router and regular BBand at the moment. I'll let you know how I get on and update here if I get it running or not. Hope it all works as this is the main reason for upgrading to Infinity.
Aspiring Contributor

Aspiring Contributor

I set up the port forwarding on the hh3 without any issues

Aspiring Contributor

Couldn't wait for Infinity setup tomorrow (and I received the HH3 already yesterday) so - Just tried my CCTV and port forwarding. Not running here also. Setup DynDns and that's updating alright but like others cannot get access. Even setup CCTV using DMZ and still no access. Also selected IP address like others have suggested in other posts. Very disapointed since video etc is the reason I'm moving to INFINITY at 40 odd quid a month. Looks like I've got to buy a new router - AGAIN. (Just bought a Belkin PlayMax HD in February which will not not usable with Infinity). I'll contact BT to see if they have solution for port forwarding as this is just not good enough.
Aspiring Contributor

hi if you set up port forwarding without anu issues please do sday how you did it as im not the only one that are having issues and the whole point of this post was to get help to do it,

many thanks in advance

dave
Aspiring Contributor

Ditto to Dave above..

I've tried everything yesterday and this morning with no success.

I have my DynDns account updating alright - I downloaded a port checker from DynDns and it says the port is open. So not being a tech'y and only reading what others say here - it's not forwarding to my CCTV.

Disabling / Enabling Firewall, Turning on/off UpNp, settting my DVR as DMZ. Adding the devide as its IP address rather than assigned name etc - Turning on/off the router - No success - just about to throw the router in the bin.

I e-mailed BT customer support and they called me yesterday to say that they can only assist with connection problems - no help with any hardware replated issues. So I'm stuck and waiting on anyone here who can offer any solution.

I'll give it a few weeks then if there's no solution then I go buy a decent router. Conclusion to me so far is that the Home Hub 3 is a piece of trash. I was expecting much more but all it is capable of is the most basic of operations.

And so BT give us super fast Infinity (which I have now at a cost) - but what use is it if I can't get to my network from outside!! At least I update my facebook page in super fast time.... lol