Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

problems with setting up minecraft server

so yeah not sure if its just me but... over the years I have been with BT I have noticed annoying things, even when creating other game servers, it would never work..

and yes I have port forwarded, but that's the weird thing, if I forwarded a port for minecraft like 25564, or whatever port I want to use...and use port checker or something the port always shows up as closed, not sure if it's my BT or am I missing something staring at me in my face! I have been with BT for years since the white hub, then got the black hub, then got the newer BT3 hub, but all of them has the same issue, and it's bugging me now, since why the hell would they give you a port foward page if even trying to open them doesn't even open them, so I hope someone can tell me I am missing something.

and even if I just to assign it to a device, it wont add, but back when I had the old hubs, even if the device was added, for my old gameservers back in the day it would still not work, now even if I open a port, in a port checker they still appear closed maybe that's the issue who knows.

Distinguished Sage

Re: problems with setting up minecraft server

There is some help on this page, pay special attention to the static IP assignment and mapping to the IP address not the device name.

Port forwarding problems

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.