Contributor
trisco

3 Simpler Networks Powerline Adaptors help!

Hi knowledgeable ones,
Hoping somebody can help please? I have 2 Simpler Networks white Powering Adaptors set up between the hub and Vision. Works fine. I now have a third one I want to connect to this network but for the life of me I cannot do it!
I've followed the instructions which basically ask you to just plug in the new one, press link button for 10 secs, lights go off and the power light is supposed to flash which it does, but only once. I then press the link button on one of the already paired Adaptors for two seconds and let go and then the power light is supposed to flash there but it just won't! The lights stay on!
Anybody had any luck with these before?
Thanks in advance.
Contributor
trisco

Re: 3 Simpler Networks Powerline Adaptors help!

Do I need to be doing something to the hub? I ask as prior to today the hub was connected to Vision using the older Comtrend Adaptors.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

Is the information here any help? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35413

I assume that you are not trying to mix different types?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor
trisco

Hi, thanks for your reply Keith, I tried that on them with no joy but for some reason I have literally just got them to work.
The user guides aren't that accurate in the sense that when you press link on the already paired adaptor, the power lights don't flash it seems, just by chance I pressed link for 2 seconds again on the third adaptor and it started to flash, did same on the already paired adaptor and that started to flash too! Now all paired.
Anyone else get probs hope this helps and just persist!
DanBunder

Superb! Just spent a very frustrating 50 minutes on the phone to BT technical support with the same issue. To be fair to them, although they didn't have a clue ( it probably wasn't on a step by step card) they said they would send 4 ready configured ones in the post. I'm so glad I came across this post. 3 minutes later, all fixed. Maybe technical services could do with checking the community pages once in a while :smileywink:
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

DanBunder wrote:
Maybe technical services could do with checking the community pages once in a while :smileywink:
It just backs up what so many have said for so long - the expertise is here, not half way round the world.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Expert
atttim

Are the Simpler Power Line Adaptors now provided by BT as a replacement for the Comtrend Adapters, as I have heard somewhere that they are much faster than the Comptrend ones when in use ????

What speed should one look for if one does decide to get alternatives to the issued BT ones, is there a real advantage in changing ???

Thanks

JulianF

I've had the same infuriating problem for weeks! The instructions provided are actually wrong, and the video guidance is also misleading and not clear.

I finally sussed it last night......

Unplug all ethernet cables first.

Plug in your new Powerline adaptor. Press its "link" button for 10 seconds until the power light goes out (and then let go).

Next press "link" on the old, original adaptor for about 2 seconds and let go. The power light should flash.

Nest press "link" on the new one again, for about 2 seconds and let go. The power light should flash.

After a short time the lights should stop flashing and both "data" lights should be lit. They are now linked. You can reconnect your ethernet cable.

Don't give up......I got there in the end by randomly pressing and holding the button !

potato66

Had a nightmare with these....yes the stuff about 15s in the guides is rubbish, basically I got round it by doing the following

New one - press link button for quick count of 3 (about 2 s) go to old one nearest router press link for about 2s, go back to new one and if its still flashing press link for same time again, go back to old one and if still flashing then press link again for 2s both should now have steady power and data lit, the above didn't work on one new adaptor so all I did was press the factory reset then repeat above again and all 4 work fine now....hope this helps

jw54

Hi

Ihave 4 powerline adaptors.  The ones connected to the router, hub and TV work fine but I want to connect a desktop via an ethernet cable and adaptor but nothing works. Spoke to several technical people at BT - none could help, the last one said the Simpler Networks powerlines were not designed to do this even though their website says this is exactly what they are for.  Can anyone help please?  

All the adaptors are synced and work!

Thanks in advance:smileysad: