Beginner
shalewhale

Are there any known current Talk21 Problems?

I ask as all of a sudden I can't log in to my account which I've been using for 15 years with no problem, and obviously i'm very concerned about it.

I've tried using the method of adding ".t21" and "@btinternet" but that doesn't work either, just keep getting "Invalid ID or password. Please try again using your full Email".

If it helps, a few weeks ago when I went to log in I was redirected to open a new @yahoo.co.uk account using the same user name.

Thanks for any help/advice etc

SW

Expert
vofsanity2

Re: Are there any known current Talk21 Problems?

I have just logged in to my Talk21 account with no problems but I normally access it with an email client.

As usual I was asked to switch to the new BT yahoo mail which I declined.

Is this what you meant when you said you were asked to set up a new  Yahoo.co.uk account as this is something that is different. Did you set up a new account ?

Beginner
shalewhale

Sorry, yeah thats what I mean't and yes I set up a new account as I was really paying attention to what was on screen and just wanted to get to my mail.

Expert
vofsanity2

Suggested actions are as follows:

1. To check if your old email address is still valid send an email to it and see if it is bounced back or not. Either get a friend to do this or  setup a hotmail or google account and do it yourself.

2. Try to login to your account using another PC that has not upgraded to the new yahoo mail.

3.  If this fails try the forgotten password routine on the latter machine.

4.  Depending on the results of the above you may have to involve the BT helpdesk or the Moderators on this forum.

Talk21 accounts seem to be alive and well  as otherwise there would be more people complaining.

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

vofsanity2 wrote:

2. Try to login to your account using another PC that has not upgraded to the new yahoo mail.

Or you could try to Recover Classic Mail and see if that's any good.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Contributor
marts2003

I had the same issue with my iPhone (but could still log on via Mac or PC). Solution was to go to settings for Safari, where the cookie setting had somehow been switched to "never". Changing this has done the trick for me!
Aspiring Contributor
marts2003

gravybones

I have not been able to receive any emails on my old regularly used talk21 email account since nov 2011, have had and used since 1997, leftover from when i used to be a bt customer, can log in and have been upgraded and can send emails but am not receiving any emails at all, not even spam, any ideas anyone?
Guru
Andy_N

gravybones wrote:
I have not been able to receive any emails on my old regularly used talk21 email account since nov 2011, have had and used since 1997, leftover from when i used to be a bt customer, can log in and have been upgraded and can send emails but am not receiving any emails at all, not even spam, any ideas anyone?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

How are you checking the emails - is it via a browser and webmail access ?

It might be possible that some form of forwarding has been set. Have a look at Options/Mail Options/Pop & Forwarding