JaneMR
Accepted Solution

BB wifi

I am considering joining BT BB wifi and understand that this will mean that I have to "share" my broadband with others.  My question is this:

If someone uses the internet for illegal purposes via my hub, can it be traced to me?

Sage
john46

Re: BB wifi

No as you can only use BT WiFi by logging in to it using your master BT email address and password and your hub give it as unique IP address that would identify the user you are not responsible for what they view on websites
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Please see

What if someone uses my BT wifi or BT FON for illegal purposes?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Expert
minusdot

And from the horses mouth:

What happens if someone uses my broadband connection to access an illegal site?

You can prove it wasn't you because the visitor's access to the Internet will be through a separate channel. This means we can tell the difference between the home user's Internet activity and visitor Internet activity.

JaneMR

Thank you.