Aspiring Contributor
barneys

BT Desktop Help will not run after re-install

Just had BT Infinity installed. I decided to install the latest version of BT Desktop Help. Now it won't run,click on Icon nothing happens. Searched the Forum and followed a solution I found - Uninstalled software (using uninstall form start menu),ended relevant tasks in Task manager, cleaned up left over entries in registry & various empty folders. re-booted PC. Re-installed latest software and it still won't run. Is there any thing else anyone can suggest I can try please?

Guru
AllanQuatermain

Re: BT Desktop Help will not run after re-install

Welcome.
Is there a specific issue you have with your pc?

If not Id forget all about DTH and post any problems on here.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Contributor
barneys

Hi Allan. No not got any specific problems at the moment but Desktop help has got me out of a couple of Broadband problems in the past so I thought I'd update it as the version I had installed was a bit out of dtae and as I now had Infinity I thought I'd update it.....perhaps a bad move :-(

If I don't get any easy fixes suggested I will take yr advice and use the Forum to seek help if I have any problems in the future.

Sage
john46

Hi this link may help you http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40694/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_hekp_desktophelp_troubles...

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
barneys

John,

Thanks for this. Tried this procedure. Desktop Help still doesn't run!!

Guru
AllanQuatermain

IMHO bin it and have a happy life. Pop onto here with any issues ;-)
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Contributor
barneys

Allan. I entirely agree, life's to short to waste any more time on this pile of poo ;-) I'll just visit the Forum and ask the helpful folk on here if I have any BB problems in the future.