Beginner
danspy1994

BT Home Hub 5 - Port Forwarding bug

I finally got hold of a BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) and it seems that I can't port forward, I get the same bug as the Home Hub 3.0 (Type A) where I get the error "Conflict The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device. Please remove the other application or select the same device."

I tried calling BT, but they want £10 for technical support, I'm not looking for support, I'm looking to ask if the Home Hub 5 does indeed have the same bug as the Home Hub 3 and if so, will it be fixed or will I have to repeatedly call BT and pester them for a Type B Home Hub?

Contributor
Meteosat

Home Hub 5 and port forwarding

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there have been any issues regarding port forwarding and the HH5. I am considering getting one, if only to save on the power to two devices, and save a socket!

My HH 3b I have tamed for loopback as well as port forwarding, so don't want to lose that facility.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: Home Hub 5 and port forwarding

The HH5 is not even released into the wild yet so I don't think there can be any known issues with it yet. 

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Contributor
Meteosat

Re: Home Hub 5 and port forwarding

Stupid me - I meant HH4 - got carried away with the announcement!

Hopefully the replies will be the same as the 5 looks quite similar.

Cheers

Expert
ray_dorset

Re: BT Home Hub 5 - Port Forwarding bug

Can you give more information about the port you want to forward, including exactly what settings you are trying to enter?
Beginner
danspy1994

The ports which then cause a conflict are for a PC copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - TCP: 3074, 27014-27050
UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27030

When I try port forwarding ports for my Teamspeak 3 server (9987-9999 (UDP), 10011 (TCP) and 30033 (TCP)) run the server software and check ports 9987-9999 at http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ it reports that these are closed, so not only is it NOT portforwarding for Black Ops 2, it doesn't even portforward when it claims it has!

leeB

Same here, i cant port forward either!!!!!!

Aspiring Contributor
Resonance

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem.  Well similar. It will let me port forward to one device (well it says it has),  but then the rule I set up disappears from the game or application list. 

If I try and set the port forwarding rule up again (even under a different name) and try applying it to another device I get the same error message as danspy1994.

Beginner
danspy1994

If this is the same problem dragged over from HomeHub 3 firmware, BT are going to have a serious amount of customer complaints, I renewed my BT Infinity 2 contract, just to get this Hub 5 and it appears to have the same bug as the Hub 3. I hope BT release a firmware update very soon...

medialinx

Perhaps I will have better luck with the forum as the phone customer service is terrible.

I had a HomeHub 3 type A and found I could not do ANY port forwarding on it. After speaking to "customer service" they told me there was not a problem with the homehub as I could access the internet. I told them I could, but could not port forward. So after over an hour talking to people who did not know what they were talking about they agreed to send me another HomeHub 3 (with a 50% chance it would be the Type B as I believe it does not have forwarding problems.)

So the new HomeHub 3 arrived only to be a Type A. So I called BT again to do the same thing and they then told me I was entitled to a HomeHub 5. After speaking to their technical department who ASSURED me port forwarding would work they sent one out. So I have set the new hub up and guess what (HomeHub 5 type A), port forwarding is still broken.

I have ran external tests and it tells me the ports are definitly closed. In this case I am trying to set up IP Cameras, but I can't set up anything to port forward: VNC, network drives, NOTHING.

So BT, what is the problem and can you replace yet another faulty HomeHub with a Type B please?

Regards,

Graham.