Anonymoose

BT Home Hub Port Forwarding, Device Not Listed

Hi Guys,

It's quite a simple one really but it has me totally stumped. I've been trying to open a couple of ports recently, for games etc and I know how all this port forwarding stuff works, but recently I had hard drive issues and had to re-install windows etc, all the usual **bleep**. Since then though, when trying to forward a port in the hub manager (I have BT Home Hub 2), my device doesn't appear in the drop down list, neither the physical hexadecimal address nor the name I assigned to the machine! My Xbox, Iphone and my dads laptops are all on the list... just not the machine I'm using right now, even though its wired up by ethernet cable and I'm using the hub for the internet to get onto this website right now! -.-

Any help is appreciated!

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: BT Home Hub Port Forwarding, Device Not Listed

Anonymoose wrote:

Hi Guys,

It's quite a simple one really but it has me totally stumped. I've been trying to open a couple of ports recently, for games etc and I know how all this port forwarding stuff works, but recently I had hard drive issues and had to re-install windows etc, all the usual **bleep**. Since then though, when trying to forward a port in the hub manager (I have BT Home Hub 2), my device doesn't appear in the drop down list, neither the physical hexadecimal address nor the name I assigned to the machine! My Xbox, Iphone and my dads laptops are all on the list... just not the machine I'm using right now, even though its wired up by ethernet cable and I'm using the hub for the internet to get onto this website right now! -.-

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Anonymoose and welcome

Try power cycling the hub (turn it off and on) with your device connected and see if it then appears on the list.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Anonymoose

Re: BT Home Hub Port Forwarding, Device Not Listed

Nope still nothing :/