Contributor
cazzo

BT WHOLESALE SPEEDTEST

Hi All...Does anyone know why the new wholesale tester won't run further diagnostics (well for me anyway).

Quote....Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Never had this problem with the old BT Speed Tester. I like to see my profile.

Thanks
Expert
vofsanity2

Re: BT WHOLESALE SPEEDTEST

cazzo,

You are not alone.

Please read this:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BTW-Performance-Tester/td-p/799542

It would help if you gave some more information eg have you got an ADSl or FTTC line, what system/ browser you are usiing ...

Expert
dfenceman

Hi cazzo,

Has worked first time every time for me since it superceded speedtest.bt.com a good few weeks agon and was upgraded a few days ago.

Are you using a PC ?  What vesion of Windows and browser ?  Is flash player up to date ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
Contributor
cazzo

[ Edited ]
Hi, thanks for replies.

.I'm ADSL, XP, Chrome latest flash etc. I also use and did actually GET diagnostics when the initial switch to Wholesale happened, on iPad with Flash enabled browser.

But as I say, getting ziltch now even on PC.

Thanks
Contributor
cazzo

PS...Also like to say that the old BT Retail tester worked fine, always did, apart from that little java blip. So if something aint broke...and all that.

AND.... the Wholesale version was definitely giving over enthusiastic speed results for some time. Not the first to be saying that.

Now despite the fact that further diags are not working, I'm seeing the actual first test results are all over the shop!

Don't think I'm doing it all time on ipad. I usually dis that and go to PC etc.

The only place I ever get a true reading now (since Wholesale) is Speedtest.net.

And thats also thru ipad.
Sage
imjolly

have you tried using firefox or IE8?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
cazzo

No but I can do. We'll see. Thanks
Guru
sjtp

I think that all the testers have had occasional blips with the part that gives profile speeds.  For some people, those 'blips' seem to have lasted a month or more.  I guess (not sure) that this is something in the back end information, and the same for all the different testers.

Guru
ryant704

Hi, a few of us suffered this last year as stated in the other thread linked.

It happened for just over 2 months for me, no explanation was given and is still being looked into (so I am told).

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Contributor
cazzo

OK...thanks for that.

Who did you get to look into it please?