Beginner
Chris101

BT Yahoo Email Changes

Hi Moderators,

The migration to the new BT Email is not progessing well, from this users experience todate.

Tried to log in via BT Yahoot this morning...no joy. Page Not Accessible. Go in via BT.COM, sign in and go to email box in top right of screen...message says

"Continue to Yahoo! log in

We can't log you into your BT Yahoo! Mail at the moment. To access your email, please continue to log in via the Yahoo! website at www.yahoo.co.uk."

So back to non BT yahoo log in page without all the features in old BT Yahoo,

Contact helpdesk..

• was there meant to be a pre warning you as user were about to enter migration phase? No.
  • Was there meant to be working link from BT.COM page on day 1? No. Suggest you try other non IE products to see if it works.
  • When will the BT.COM mail link work? No date known...maybe a month.
  •  Are you getting alot of chat requests on this subject. Yes

I have seen other posts which cover absence of the features which had been available and which have been lost.

I now need to find out how the 5 users in household need to be set up - do they all need BT IDs (but one master account)? Will there be a drop down as we had on email addresses on shared PC? How log do i have to have the yahoo uk site as home page because BT.COM isn't providing the complete service that was described in the build up.

Disappointed in BT

Sage
imjolly

Re: BT Yahoo Email Changes

can you access your email using the EMAIL link at the top of the board and then sign in with your email address and password not your MYBT sign in

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
Chris101

Thanks IMJolly

Using the email login ( rather than BT ID ) does indeed get to the email. So that will help avoid multiple home page options.

I had printed off chat conversation with BT Helpdesk and this wasn't made clear, it was about logging in with BT ID. Maybe someone in BT can tell Helpdesk team to stress this point.

However, other points still stand and waiting for an idea how long this reduced features service will continue...and whether the new BT Email will indeed have the features included.

Beginner
Chris101

Update to post:

Old style BT Yahoo homepage returned a few days after disappearing...no comms or explanation...so good in sense back to where it was but confused over migration plan / features and so forth.

Sage
john46

The service will be going live to all BT customers towards the end of the year new customers are being moved to the new mail service. First then every other users towards the end of the year
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert
Oliver341

New customers were supposed to be provisioned with BT Mail last summer, didn't happen.

Contributor
old_email

john46 wrote:
The service will be going live to all BT customers towards the end of the year new customers are being moved to the new mail service. First then every other users towards the end of the year

So has anyone else been billed?  I'm sure I was not alone in being pressured to apply for BT Premium mail to save my previously free accounts.  I did this before the 15th Sep deadline.  Now they have deferred the implementation BUT they have still billed me for September and October.  This is wrong and needs sorting.

Expert
Oliver341

I agree. They told people to pay for it before a deadline, then when the deadline arrived they said it will be free for some undefined further period!

Expert
Oliver341

I've also heard some people were offered free Premium Mail for a year, whilst others had to cough up.

All handled very badly.

Contributor
old_email

Oliver341 wrote:

I agree. They told people to pay for it before a deadline, then when the deadline arrived they said it will be free for some undefined further period!

OK an update.  I've just BT Premium mail - 080810067782 and opted for billing.  Chap seemed to know pretty well what was going on and confirmed I shouldn't have been billed and they will hold the amount in credit for when the system starts. 

I started to complain about the (rushed) implementation and was put through to his supervisor.  I'm only going by what he says but obviously they have had technical issues their side, but, he did say that disposable addresses (@yahoo.co.uk) would be retained.  I suggested that there was a lot of uncertainty about this and he said he would pass the comment on so that mention might be made in the next email from BT on this.  Not able to give me an implementation date at this time.