pumagirl123

BT Yahoo Mail - Notification of upgrade???

Hi guys

I've received an email supposedly from BT informing me that there is an upgrade / newer version of BT Yahoo Mail.

It is asking me to upgrade to the newer version, easier to use etc.

Not sure if this is a genuine email from BT or not...should I press the upgrade button?  Has anyone else received similar emails?

Help!

Thanks

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - Notification of upgrade???

They are bringing out a new version, but I would be very wary of clicking on any link in an email unless I was sure it was genuine.

Why not just log into BT Yahoo email as normal and see what it says.

annpock

Had the same email. I have sent it to the BT phishing email address and am waiting for their comment.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

BT Yahoo are / have brought in a new updated email so this may well be a genuine email telling you about it. If you have a look at this post it will give you an idea what its about

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Goodbye-BT-Yahoo-Classic/m-p/793972/highlight/true#M4560...

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

[ Edited ]

This makes it clear that Classic Mail is being put to sleep on 3 June. I haven't had an email, but even as a dogged Classic user decided to accept the inevitable and upgraded. If you're suspicious about the email you can upgrade easily by logging in to BT Yahoo! Mail and clicking the option at top right (or in Mail Options). It's quick and painless.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
JEarley1

Hi Everyone

Got a 'final reminder' message from supposed BT about upgrading yahoo i.e. your emails have been put in pending etc. and click here to upgrade to get it working. 

I phoned to check they were sending emails out (took ages to get someone) who politely confirmed they were and not to worry.  Went to reply and, fortunately, I have an internet banking safety program and it flashed up that I was about to give my log in details to another website 'bugs3.com' - not a bt site I know of!  Apparently if you haven't upgraded after the deadline you will get an option flashed up when you sign into your emails as normal.

Hope this helps! J

JEarley1

Had a 'final reminder' message re upgrading yahoo and that my emails would be put into pending unless I clicked etc.  Was wary of it and called BT - after the usual extended wait someone confirmed that it was fine and shouldn't worry, it would only alter the lay out.  Went into the email and clicked - it brings another bt login page up - started putting my log in details only to be informed, fortunately, by my internet banking monitoring software that I was about to give my details to another website 'bugs3.com' and did I want to continue.  This message is a false one (tried to copy it on here but too many characters for some reason) and if you miss the deadline for upgrading you will merely get a message from yahoo on your own email page during your normal log in.

Hope this is of help.  J

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Follow this link to upgrade to new BTYahoo mail. DO NOT click on any links in emails that you are not sure of or even slightly doubt. There are scam  BT emails doing the rounds. My advice would be to bin it and use the link here if need be.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34259/~/changing-to-the-new-bt-yahoo-mail-%E2%80%93-c...

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"