Aspiring Contributor
Thespen

BT Yahoo e mail

I keep getting the message:

"Unable to establish TLS connection to POP3 server. The server may be down or may be incorrectly configured. Please verify the correct configuration in the Server Settings for your mail server in the Account Settings window and try again."

When I use Mozilla, but I can log on individually to accounts if I go to BT Yahoo.  It was working fine earlier to day.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: BT Yahoo e mail

[ Edited ]

This is an ongoing problem. Don't change any settings, it will sort itself out if you leave it alone. 

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Aspiring Contributor
Thespen

[ Edited ]

Well its been 24 hours and except for 1 account for 30 mins its still happening, anymore ideas anyone?

Other than drop BT who couldn't organise a pea soup in a brewery :smileyhappy:

Ok just seen the below, I'd give it ago  but I think my e mail passwords are stored on bt yahoo and not there, sigh.

If you are having problems sending or receiving email,  you must change your password at www.bt.com/changepassword

Changing passwords online is quick and secure. We will only change your password over the phone in exceptional circumstances.

Aspiring Contributor
Thespen

Well that worked well I can't log in either way now on one of my accounts

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

[ Edited ]

If you want to change your password that's up to you but invariably that won't help.

If you can access your email by using your BTYahoo webmail account then continue to do that. This sometimes helps but other than that it's best to leave it to sort itself out.

You could check your setting as per this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6876/~/what-are-the-bt-yahoo!-mail-and-bt-yahoo!-prem...

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

[ Edited ]

Can you still log into your BTYahoo account via webmail?

What email client are you using?

Aspiring Contributor
Thespen

[ Edited ]

I got that e mail account password reset, so I can now access all my accounts via the web, as i'ts 4 accounts its a bit of a pain.

I assume it set up correctly, as it was working until yesterday, unless they have changed a setting very recently, guess I'll just have to live with it for now, %^^&&*& BT.

Thanks everyone for your efforts and advice, if its still the same net week I'll be back.

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

One thing to check is that your antivirus is not blocking it. If you have scan outgoing emails turned on, try turning it off to see if that helps. 

Expert
IanC

I noticed yesterday (or was it before then?) that my SMTP connections were going via a Critical Path machine, and the (old BT/Yahoo) SSL certificate was no longer valid.

I was in a hurry, and haven't had chance to investigate further, but I wonder if it may be something to do with the OP's problem? ie an invalid certificate, rather than a connection/password problem?

Just a thought...
Distinguished Guru
gg30340

IanC wrote:
I noticed yesterday (or was it before then?) that my SMTP connections were going via a Critical Path machine, and the (old BT/Yahoo) SSL certificate was no longer valid.

I was in a hurry, and haven't had chance to investigate further, but I wonder if it may be something to do with the OP's problem? ie an invalid certificate, rather than a connection/password problem?

Just a thought...

Could be but if that was the case though would you not expect more people to have the same problem and if there was a change, should the users not have been informed before the change so that settings could be changed if required?

Did you have to change any settings or have problems?