Aspiring Contributor
spackhead

Re: BT Yahoo emails duplicated in trash folder

yes I think you are mis understanding

When mail is collected from your inbox either by opening and reading in BTYahoo mail or by having them forwarded to Outlook or Live Mail or similar, then it should certainly not be appearing in the Trash folder straight afterwards unless you have purposely put them there by deleting the message in BTYahoo webmail. If you grab your mail via Outlook or similar then the message should and always has been until last Friday, deleted from BTs servers and thats the end of that message in respect to BT unless of course you indicate in youe email client that you wish the mail to remain in your BT mail inbox. The Trash Box should not come into the equation in any single situation except for when you manually delete a message on the BT Yahoo webmail page. Ever since last friday this has ceased to be the case and for some reason BT seem either unable to or not bothered to address this issue. 

Sounds to me that you have now got the same issues as everyone else djh22  

Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

I see, thanks for the explanation. So the messages are going into the web site Trash folder instead of being deleted unless you instruct the email client to keep a copy , so where does the duplication problem come into it ?

Del.

Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

I've just checked my Yahoo mail and it's going exactly the same as BT Yahoo mail ,ie; moving downloaded messages to the Trash folder, so maybe it's meant to do it that way,it's always been doing it like this for as long as I can remember.

Del.

Contributor
jlovie

I've been using BT Yahoo email since it started, and it has never worked like this - until last week.

Expert
djh22

I've only been with BT for just over a year but have been using Yahoo mail for at least 10 years,I haven't found it a huge problem to log into my web mail and do a clean up now and then,specially as I don't trust the spam filtering,but everyone to their own I guess.

Del.

Aspiring Contributor
Deets55

[ Edited ]

Spackhead - you have described our "grievance" in absolutely perfect detail and clearly enough for anyone with brain cells to understand the problem. So why on earth can BT not understand what we are all describing to them during numerous phone calls to their Indian call centres? There was no problem until last week and why are they insisting that it is something to do with our settings when we have not made any changes? Why can't we speak to someone at BT who knows what's going on? The call centre operators clearly have no clue!

Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

The problem was described in the OP as "BT Yahoo emails duplicated in trash folder" - I still don't understand (sorry no brain cells) where the duplication comes into it -

Quote spackhead "When mail is collected from your inbox either by opening and reading in BTYahoo mail or by having them forwarded to Outlook or Live Mail or similar, then it should certainly not be appearing in the Trash folder straight afterwards unless you have purposely put them there by deleting the message in BTYahoo webmail. If you grab your mail via Outlook or similar then the message should and always has been until last Friday, deleted from BTs servers and thats the end of that message in respect to BT unless of course you indicate in youe email client that you wish the mail to remain in your BT mail inbox. The Trash Box should not come into the equation in any single situation except for when you manually delete a message on the BT Yahoo webmail page. Ever since last friday this has ceased to be the case and for some reason BT seem either unable to or not bothered to address this issue. 

Sounds to me that you have now got the same issues as everyone else djh22 "

The only problem I have (if you can call it a problem) is that my emails are going into the Trash folder instead of being deleted, I don't have a problem with duplication.

Contributor
jlovie

They're duplicated in the sense that we now have one copy in our email cliient, and one in the trash folder.

Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

Ah right, that makes more sense, so the emails are not being duplicated on the website as the OP implied.

If I read my emails on the website they go straight into the Trash folder, they are not duplicated on the website and they are not downloaded onto my PC.

Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

I wonder whose responsibility this is then, It's always been the same on Yahoo so do you complain to BT or Yahoo ?

I guess BT will only pass it on to Yahoo to sort out anyway.