Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Blocked website?

Hi, I'm trying to access www.habbo.com but the page doesn't load and instead this error message is displayed;

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.habbo.com

Try reloading: www.­habbo.­com

I've tried accessing it through Firefox and the same message is displayed. I've cleared my cache/cookies all to no avai.

A few other people I know who are with BT are also having the same problem. I also tried to access the site through a proxy and that was successful, although I couldn't get past the log in page due to a proxy not supporting flash.

Has BT blocked this website?

Thanks

Expert

Re: Blocked website?

Will not load for me either but does work if using a VPN tunnel.

Recognised Expert

[ Edited ]

It does appear to be blocked by BT. The site is up.

Hi, thanks for your input, guys, I just want to put a couple more websites to you and see if they have been blocked aswell..

www.last.fm

www.kotaku.com

They're all showing the same error messages and can also be accessed through a proxy but I don't really understand why any of these websites (www.habbo.com included) would be blocked by BT?

Can somebody, perhaps a BT employee shed any light on this?

Distinguished Sage

it may be a routing error
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert

Same again with your other sites :smileysad:

Expert

P.S. will work through the opera browser.

Hi John, is there a way to fix the routing error? Or is it a problem on BTs side? I have to remind you that I'm not the only person having this problem.

Thanks

dgilbert2, I installed Opera and it still isn't working
Distinguished Sage

it could be within the BT network or indeed out side it without trace routes it is hard to tell
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’