rperdue

BtHomeHub 2 connection problem with Nexus 7

Hi

Hope there is someone that can help me. I am unable to connect my new Nexus 7 to my BThomehub 2 router. I get Authentication problem on the start up. Spent all day yesterday on the net trying to find an answer that I can understand. 

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: BtHomeHub 2 connection problem with Nexus 7

Have you any other wireless devices, do they connect without problems?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

csn you see your hub in the wireless connections on the nexus 7?  if you try and connected then enter the wireless key from the hub unless you have changed it to something personal.  what happens now? does it connect?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
rperdue

We have a laptop and smart phone tha connect OK

rperdue

The home hub appears on the nexus but I have tried the wireless key as the password and the admin password to no avail.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

There is some more help on this link, but first try a factory reset of the home hub.

Wireless problems and things you can try, to resolve them

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

have you changed the wireless key from the default shown on the hub?  if you cannot remember then the rest to factory settings will let you use the wireless password shown on the hub   remember you will need to enter this for any other wifi devices you use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
gg30340

If you haven’t already tried this select your HomeHub connection on the Nexus and select “Forget Network”. Switch off and restart. Carry out a factory reset on the Homehub, (as already mentioned you may need to reconnect your other devices if you have changed the passkey).  

Carry out scan for networks on Nexus and locate Homehub. Enter passkey exactly as shown on Homehub. Hopefully the Nexus will connect.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"