Aspiring Contributor
daiadams
Accepted Solution

CONNECTING WITH HOME PLUGS

Can anyone help? I have either got it all wrong and you cant do it or I'm missing something very simple.

I have terrible Wi-Fi throughout the house but a good BB speed so I thought I would connect via Home plug's I got 3 connected one to my HH3 and another to my main computer upstairs after I had disabled the Wireless adapter it connected to the network and works great.When I came to my laptop in the Kitchen It wont connect to the network it shows UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK No Internet connection and never mid what I try it wont change to the home network. I have disabled the Wireless on the HH,reset the HH and tested the Home plug which appears to be working.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks 

Expert
minusdot

Re: CONNECTING WITH HOME PLUGS

What make and model of powerline adapter are you using? Did you buy the 3 together?

Aspiring Contributor
daiadams

Hello

Yes I did buy the three together they are all the same DEVOLO powerline. I have changed them around and they work with the main computer!!!

Many thanks for your response

Aspiring Contributor
daiadams

Sorry

Let me rephrase that above They are the same Make and model but I bought 2 together and then one separately. and I've just tried again and no it doesn't work

Is it something to do with the MAC-Address which I have just notice is different on one of them (the one bought separately? If so can I change the MAC-address.

Thanks

They all have the same mac address except for the last two digits the pair end in E6 and E7 and the single one ends in A9:ED

Thanks again

Expert
minusdot

I've no experience of using more than 2 powerline adapters, and I've never used a Devolo brand one. However, I'm sure that they won't work together if purchased separately without going through some pairing procedure. Have you any instructions for them? If not, perhaps Google is your friend! ;-)

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

Powerline adaptors need to be paired before they will talk to each other.  If you buy two together, this will have been done in the factory.  If you buy a third, you will have to pair it with the master one (the one connected to your router).  Try to find the instruction manual, which should tell you how to do this.

Expert
hamish72

You may find info here if you do not have the manual

http://www.devolo.com/consumer/downloads.html?l=en

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

Aspiring Contributor
daiadams

Thanks to everyone who replied. It was as suggested they must be linked together.

Trouble was there was no CD in box so I had to download it from devolo site.

Now all working

Thanks again