Sage
john46

Re: Can't download BT Netprotect Plus

working here not that I would use the service personally as I already have my own AV service
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
JackieMMM

I have exactly the same problem.  Keeps coming up with 'Sorry, BT NetProtect Plus is only available to BT Broadband customers.'  Also, on the My Services tab of the Self Service Area, it says 'Sorry, we are currently unable to present your Product Information.'

I had noticed today that BT Netprotect is now available for Mac's so was going to give it a go but perhaps will not bother after all!

Aspiring Contributor
JackieMMM

I can now get to choose my phone number and it scans my computer and returns a message that it is not available for MACs so it looks like the earlier problem regarding me not being a BTInternet Customer has been fixed. According to the System requirements it does support MAC OS 10.5 and above so look forward to that being fixed too!  (I have OS 10.7.3 Lion which could be the cause)

Beginner
Toppam

Doesn't work for me.  I am on Infinity, and it just doesn't want to let me download

Sage
john46

i would just use a free service like Microsoft security essentials there are have been many posts recently about netprotect if yo use the forum search facility you will see for yourself
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner
Toppam

As with others on here, I can't download BT NetProtect Plus.  I have had 3 new profiles and even downgraded to IE8 to comply with an apparent BT requirement, but still get the message:  

Sorry, BT NetProtect Plus is only available to BT Broadband customers.

Choose a broadband package now and get your BT Broadband and calls together for one great price.

If you've recently ordered BT Broadband, you can track your order here.

This despite being logged-in and so on.  TBH, I don't give a toss about what john46 thinks about NetProtect Plus and the various alternatives, the fact is I pay for NetProtect Plus for me and my family and I want to be able to install it! 

COME ON BT, SORT THIS CROCK OUT!

Sage
john46

yes i agree it is my own opinion however I would strongly suggest that you please do read through the many post over the past 2 years of the many and varied problems users have had with net protect I agree you should be able to install it and I would ask did you try your BT email address and password when you tried to sign up for it that has caused a few problem if users did not
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Toppam wrote:

TBH, I don't give a toss about what john46 thinks about NetProtect Plus and the various alternatives, the fact is I pay for NetProtect Plus for me and my family and I want to be able to install it!

Of course you are entitled to expect a product supplied by BT to be usable. But John's advice was sound; you don't have to take it, but rudeness to another member trying to help does you no credit.

For what it's worth, I bought McAfee AV direct and found it so dreadful that I switched to MSE with a year left on my McAfee subscription. That turned out to be a far better choice than my previous one, and BT's. Nobody with a home computer needs to pay, directly or indirectly, for AV protection. 

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Sage
john46

pottyperson wrote

Of course you are entitled to expect a product supplied by BT to be usable. But John's advice was sound; you don't have to take it, but rudeness to another member trying to help does you no credit.

For what it's worth, I bought McAfee AV direct and found it so dreadful that I switched to MSE with a year left on my McAfee subscription. That turned out to be a far better choice than my previous one, and BT's. Nobody with a home computer needs to pay, directly or indirectly, for AV protection. 

A Good post PP like  free antivirus  programmes good manners cost nothing either 

Beginner
Toppam

Christ on a bike, what colour is the sky on your planets?  Do you actually work for BT or something?  Is this corporate strategy at work?

BT NetProtect Plus meets my requirements IF IT DOWNLOADS (and it used to download fine).  I pay a LOT of money for BT's services; all I am saying is that they should deliver what they promise.  I am well aware that there are alternatives (including some free products offering limited capability and the inevitable Nagging to upgrade to the 'full version'). 

I came on here wondering whether there might be some actual help - apparently not.

You might just as well have suggested I pop out and buy Apple machines instead, thus avoiding the virus problem altogether.

:smileysad: