agray2812

Cannot connect my samsung smart tv

Hello,

we have a HH 2.0 and have recently bought a samsung smart tv.

I am trying to connect the tv to the hub use homeplug adapters.

When i try to setup the network on the tv it detects that the cable is plugged in but cannot access the network because of an IP or DHCP problem.

I have checked and DCHP is definitely enabled. But still cannot connect.

I have tried reseting the hub and manually entering IP details but to no avail.

I dont really want to have to pay £15 to speak to techdesk can anyone help??

Thanks.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Cannot connect my samsung smart tv

This may help.

Samsung Smart TV

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

have you paired the powerline adapters?  only reason I ask as there was a previous similar post and that was the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
agray2812

ok erm im not really sure what that means i will try and see the other post
Sage
imjolly

there are buttons on the power line adapters and you need to pair to each other very similar to pairing a bluetooth headset to a mobile phone.  in this case it usually is press one powerline button and then when light flashes presee the other and they then pair and can 'see' each other

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.