Simon2go

Cannot send or receive emails from my btinternet account - no problem for 14 months

Hi

Can anyone help?

I have been using by btinternet account for over 14 months with no problems, but over the last week I keep getting the the following messages :-

Unable to send or receive messages for the S Haskett account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90 Server Response: -ERR inactivity timeout Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No

Unable to send or receive messages for the S Haskett account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No

My other email account works fine?

Thanks

Guru
Andy_N

Re: Cannot send or receive emails from my btinternet account - no problem for 14 months

Simon2go wrote:

Hi

Can anyone help?

I have been using by btinternet account for over 14 months with no problems, but over the last week I keep getting the the following messages :-

Unable to send or receive messages for the S Haskett account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90 Server Response: -ERR inactivity timeout Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No

Unable to send or receive messages for the S Haskett account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No

My other email account works fine?

Thanks

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Have a quick scan of this sub-forum, and you will see very similar reports to yours. It is a server issue that has been ongoing for a number of months with this problem. Sometimes logging into webmail, then re-checking via Windows Mail (or other mail client) can help.