Contributor
jaydog69

Email address doesn't work?

[ Edited ]

Hi, I've been assigned a new BT Yahoo email address and password, but they won't work. Does that get activated when my broadband becomes active? I go live with BT on Monday but surely if a yahoo email has been setup I should be able to log in now?

Also, do I have to use this email account? Will BT email me at the address I have refisted with My BT if they need to contact me?

Thanks

Guru
Andy_N

Re: Email address doesn't work?

jaydog69 wrote:

Hi, I've been assigned a new BT Yahoo email address and password, but they won't work. Does that get activated when my broadband becomes active? I go live with BT on Monday but surely if a yahoo email has been setup I should be able to log in now?

Also, do I have to use this email account? Will BT email me at the address I have refisted with My BT if they need to contact me?

Thanks

Hi.

Indeed, the email account tends to become active on the day the BB starts to work. However it may not be until late in the day. If the email address can't be accessed on the go live day, check the day after - and if it still fails, you can contact a moderator who should be able to unlock the email account.

You don't have to use the email account, but it may get sent service emails from BT.

Contributor
jaydog69

Ok thanks very much.

Guru
toekneem

Hi jaydog69, you can always set up "Forwarding" of the mail to another email account, or do a "pop" collection.

At least then you will not miss any emails.

toekneem
http://www.no2nuisancecalls.net

(EASBF)

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

jaydog69 wrote:

Regardless of any other email address you may have given them, BT will often send important account-related emails to your BT email address.

So even if you don't use it as your main email, you should still check it from time to time.