Beginner
Matt_

Equipment Delivery

Hello, I change my broadband option from total broadband to infinity at the start of December and the date I was given for the equipment arrival was the 21 of December and the engineer appointment was cancelled because he could switch it over at my exchange.  It getting on a bit now and I haven't received any equipment what-so-ever.  Would just like some advice on what to do, I try calling BT but I just sit on the phone for an excessive amount of time.  I have no tracking number or anything to see if the royal mail have my equipment, I have searched all over the website for an explanation but cant find anything.  I would like to think I am a valued customer of BT as ive been with them for over 15 years and ive been an employee on behalf of BT.  I would just like some advice on what to do in this situation please?  Anything will be much appreciated! Oh, and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forums.

-Thanks

Matt

birdysaver

Re: Equipment Delivery

Matt_ wrote:

Hello, I change my broadband option from total broadband to infinity at the start of December and the date I was given for the equipment arrival was the 21 of December and the engineer appointment was cancelled because he could switch it over at my exchange.  It getting on a bit now and I haven't received any equipment what-so-ever.  Would just like some advice on what to do, I try calling BT but I just sit on the phone for an excessive amount of time.  I have no tracking number or anything to see if the royal mail have my equipment, I have searched all over the website for an explanation but cant find anything.  I would like to think I am a valued customer of BT as ive been with them for over 15 years and ive been an employee on behalf of BT.  I would just like some advice on what to do in this situation please?  Anything will be much appreciated! Oh, and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forums.

-Thanks

Matt

In a very similar situation. Switched over from BT option 1 to BT option 2 and was told i would recieve my new BT Home Hub v2 as i am currently using a old voyager one currently. Initial transition was at the start of december and was told the modem would deliver in 3-5 days however due to adverse weather conditions i assumed there would be a backlog . 1 month later i have yet to hear anything too

Aspiring Expert
lmosley

[ Edited ]

Just a quick question what exchange are you conencted to because some FTTC exchange installs have now been put back to the 31st of march (this could be the issue)

Or it could just be a BT fail if your exchange is already enabled :smileywink:

To the other guy contact BT as you should have it by now :smileywink:

Beginner
Matt_

How do i check which exchange im on mate? and if is up to date. I registered with race to infinity and wait for it to be available in my area, then ordered so i will be a tad unhappy if the exchange isnt ready for it.

Aspiring Expert
lmosley

[ Edited ]

Yep im lucky enought to be in a infinity enabled area. Anyway...

Go here: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Enter your number and postcode (dont worry its just for exchange and interent provider availability purposes)

Once that loads it will looks something like this:

Then click FTTC on the side:

This will say whether its enabled in your area or when the planned activation date is set for.

Hope this helps :smileywink:

Beginner
Matt_

Done. And it was successful. I just really dont know what to do next, i appriciate your help.  Do you have any clues?

Aspiring Expert
lmosley

So its enabled? :s

If it is you should of had yoru infinity hub and engineer install by now then.

Best thing to do is prob to ring up BT again (sales team maybe) and see whats wrong with your order and where your stuff is?

Beginner
Matt_

thats what i was thinking; the joys. Thanks mate ill let you know if i get think sorted with this.

Just when your here, the past few weeks aswell my broadband hasnt been the greatest, its fine surfing webpages and things like that but downloading and playing online games is dire, heres my adsl info, can you see any problems? it says it meant to be 3.8mb d/l and 900kb u/l but max on downloads i only get on average about 300kb/s max and when playing online games my ping/s are awful!

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 5:44:48
Downstream3,887 Kbps
Upstream941 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.3
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.7 dB / 5.5 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)47.5 dB / 27.7 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)45775 / 4294967295
CRC Errors (Down/Up)311 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)222
Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

For the tracking number, do you have an account on bt.com to view bills and the like? If so, log on and you may find your order details there.

If not, set up an account and associate it with your BT account number (the one beginning with two letters, then several digits, on every phone bill).