DeborahM

Error code when sending: Cannot send message due to possible abuse

Hi,

I'm suddenly unable to send emails via Thunderbird.  I've not had any problems before; not been doing anything unusual, like sending 200+ emails on the same day; have scanned my PC for trouble (none detected); visited the web address in the message and could see that other ppl have sometimes had the same problem, but no one seems to hear back from yahoo when they try to get resoloution, so I thought I would try here.  Can anyone help? The exact message is: An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information. Please check the message and try again.  

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Error code when sending: Cannot send message due to possible abuse

Have you tried restarting your home hub, so that you get a different public IP address? It could be a problem with the IP address being used by someone who is abusing the system.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

I use Thunderbird and I have just tried sending a test e-mail, no problem at all. Are you using the right server.

See Thunderbird setup

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Contributor
Stentifw

I am getting the same problem.  I am unable to send any emails through Thunferbird unless they just have a few characters in them.  It all works if I logon to Yahoo, but that is a pain.

No response from Yahoo of course.

BT can you do something, we pay enough for Option 3 Broadband?

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

You may get suggestions from other users.

Aspiring Contributor
Stentifw

OK but they probably take a look from time to time.
Contributor
ajwh

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Try Live Chat

They might tell you if there is an issue.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

I assume you are all using smtp.mail.yahoo.com  port 465 ?

Contributor
ajwh

No, I'm using mail.btinternet.com on 587 which has worked for a long time until this morning...