tf
tf

Extension for DC power lead for HH 4.0 type A?

I need to site my Home Hub 4 in a location where I don't have an AC power outlet and where it will be very difficult/expensive to add one.  I have run a DC barrel connector extension lead to the correct place for my previous provider's wireless router, and that was fine because it used a standard connector size.  In their infinite wisdom, BT seem to have used something non-standard, and none of the plugs I have fit.  Can anyone point me at male and female connectors of the correct size, or a 5-metre cable with the right connectors on the end, or even give me the dimensions - it looks like 5mm OD / 3mm ID, but I am not confident of those measurements as they were taken by eye.

Thanks.

Sage
imjolly

Re: Extension for DC power lead for HH 4.0 type A?

Why don't you just use a normal power extension cable and just plug in the hub power supply to that?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
duncan10

[ Edited ]

What you are after is power supply -tips and leads. They come in all sizes and can be made up to suite. Contact maplin Get up the catalogue and go to =power supply adapters.Run down the list dc power plug adapters/power tip connectors.

Guru
sjtp

Or you could cut the cable and insert a length of reasonably thick twin-core cable. Be very careful with polarity thought.