Beginner
zammaproc
Accepted Solution

Facebook problems

Anyone else been having problems connecting to facebook? Ever since sunday morning I've been getting an http 500 error.

Sage
imjolly

Re: Facebook problems

works fine for me

what device?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Imj,

The OP is offline now, but error 500 is a server error, which usually means an invalid session, so perhaps they have a problem with their web browser?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

thanks keith but would you not get the same error is you used your smartphone internet browser and not the app?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Sorry, I do not use Facebook, so I do not know, but apps normally have their own interface.

Until the OP returns, nobody will be any the wiser. There is no mention of even whether they are connected to BT network.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
zammaproc

Sorry probably should have mentioned I'm a BT customer.I have the home hub btw.I can access Twitter and all the other sites I use YouTube,Lord of the rings online and various others.It's just facebook that wont work.

I used ping plotter to do a trace and the final step said the following.

Destination address unreachable..................100% packet loss

Did the same with all my other favourite websites with no problems.Posted on the facebook twitter page but no replies as of yet :smileysad:

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Have you tried restarting the home hub, just in case, as you may pick up a different route?

Your BT connection is obviously fine.

Beginner
zammaproc

Ah the one thing i didn't think of.....I'll try it.

Beginner
zammaproc

Hmmm......That didn't work...Tried everything,clearing browser history,cookies,temp files...but no joy :smileysad:

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Try switching you firewall off then back on. It may be a glitch with it.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"