Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

Having problems connecting a Blackberry PLaybook tablet to my Home Hub 3

Bought a Blackberry Playbook today and cannot get it to connect to my home hub. Tried WPA and WPA2, the recommended settings and it wont connect. CAN connect to BT FON, but doesnt let me complete the setup of the playbook. Can someone tell me definitively if WPS has been disabled? My Hub WPS button doesnt work so it either has been disabled or my HUB needs replacing.

Cheers

Distinguished Sage

Re: Having problems connecting a Blackberry PLaybook tablet to my Home Hub 3

WPS is disabled as its a security problem.

Turn off automatic channel selection and manually select channel 11. Delete any reference to the home hub on the Blackberry wifi settings.

Restart the home hub, then try and connect again.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Re: Having problems connecting a Blackberry PLayboHi ok tablet to my Home Hub 3

Hi 

Im a bit stupid when it comes to the playbook.

How do you chenge the wifi channel because i have the same probolem and i cant solve it.

Aspiring Contributor

Keith, Changed to Channel 11 as suggested and after a lumpy few attempts, it finally connected. Thanks Very Much!

Tony Armitage

Re: Having problems connecting a Blackberry PLaybook to my bt business hub 371

I'm having trouble connecting my blackberry playbook to my wifi, tried entering password and WAP personal and WAP2 so must be a security problem, I have also deleted the wifi from the play book and added it again but still not working. Any ideas.

Aspiring Contributor

The response from the blackberry PLaybook support was basically to disable automatic channel selection on the router and try channels 3-9. They also suggested trying to fix the protocol for the router to b or g. I have tried their suggestions and for me channel 9 works best. I haven't messed around with fixing be or g.

Aspiring Contributor

Since I opted out of BT fon I haven't had any connection problems. 

had the same problem go into hub settings advanced change wireless interface type n to type g and it will work , for some reason blackberry play works of old technolgy 

had the same problem go into hub settings advanced change wireless interface type n to type g and it will work , for some reason blackberry play works of old technolgy