fleagle
Accepted Solution

Help, email down! - "Your Yahoo! Mail account has been disabled. Please contact user support"

Hi all

For some reason I can no longer use BT Yahoo email servers or services. I hope someone can help.

I have been a BT Infinity customer for about 6 months without issue. Tonight my email stopped working. The only change I made today is opting back in to BT FON WiFi Community using the portal on the Home Hub. This could be a red herring but no other account, router or service changes have been made.

1. If Outlook attempts to connect I get a username or password error. Emails stick in the Outbox.

2. If I send from another account to my btinternet address I get an NDR from a bt.mail.ird.yahoo.com mail server:
Sorry your message to <me>@btinternet.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102].
Despite the send/receive errors in Outlook (see #1), the email is still received.

3. I can log in to BT Yahoo member page, but if I click on Email:

Your Yahoo! Mail Account is no longer active.
Unfortunately, we cannot reactivate your account because:
Your Yahoo! Mail account has been disabled. Please contact user support.

Any help greatly appreciated. I don't use my btinternet.com address to receive email (I use a catch-all address with a registered domain name to forward to gmail). However I need to use their SMTP servers to send email, which at the moment I'm unable to do.

Regards, Dave

fleagle

Re: Help, email down! - "Your Yahoo! Mail account has been disabled. Please contact user suppor

Quick update...

I suspect Yahoo may have closed the account due to suspected spam. An IP camera was triggered earlier by motion detect and sent a large number of emails (~100 over several minutes).

All emails were sent to and from an additional address (cam@<external_domain.com>) that has been added to my primary btinternet.com account. Is this enough to trigger the spam police - I was 'spamming' myself?!?

I'll call BT in the morning

Cheers, Dave

fleagle

Re: Help, email down! - "Your Yahoo! Mail account has been disabled. Please contact user suppor

Problem is now resolved.

I called BT yesterday on 0800 111 4567 and raised a support ticket. They confirmed the problem wasn't at my end so they raised a (free) support ticket. They said my email account looked ok from their end too, so they'd escalated it to the Yahoo server team. This morning all worked fine again when outbound SMTP email was triggered at 6am.

I don't know what the problem or resolution was but I'm glad to be back up and running. Full credit to BT. I was given a maximum response time of 48 hours from this morning (when Yahoo would pick up the call). I was therefore looking at 3 days of potential downtime. After a bit of a grumble from my end, the duty manager agreed to prioritise the call which he appears to have done successfully.

Thanks to anyone who's read this far! Regards, Dave