dt7blue

Help with btinternet email settings using three

Hi there

Both my wife and I are experiencing problems sending emails using our iphones (my wife has a 4s and I have a 5) using thr three mobile network. We can receive emails but not send. 

Can anyone advise what are the correct settings for using three as our network provider? An

Host name mail.btinternet.com

SSL off

Server Port 25

Is there any other settings I should be changing? Any help would be much appreciated?

David T

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Re: Help with btinternet email settings using three

Has this just started or are you setting up a new phone? Try Port 465 security SSL and your email address and password.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
dt7blue

We've both been three users for a year now, these issues have just started in the last 2 /3 weeks.

Thanks will try and let you know.

D

dt7blue

Hi GG

Unfortunately those setting didn't work, received the message "SMTP server "mail.btinternet.com" is not responding.

Any other suggestions?

Distinguished Guru
gg30340

There are a lot of complaints about the email not working correctly and it would appear to be related to the change from Yahoo to BTMail.

One suggestion that has worked for some is to use smtp.mail.yahoo.com as the SMTP outgoing mail server. Keep everything else as was. Port 25 etc.

If this does work it will only be a temporary fix until the full email migration has taken place because BT will no longer be able to use the yahoo servers. Hopefully though by that time it will be fixed by BT.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

You need to use secure SMTP settings.

Try

mail.btinternet.com

Security SSL

Port 465

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

dt7blue

Hi there

I have just tried using smtp-mbb.three.co.uk as the outgoing server, with non SSL and using Server port 25 and that (fingers crosssed) seems to be working. I'll see how that goes. Anyway many thanks for your advice and support.