Beginner
Rob70

Home Hub 2.0 BT Infinity ipad local wifi connection problems

My family have 2 ipads in the house and we are using option 1 BT Infinity with BT wifi. I have a problem that I cannot get the ipads to connect to each other for local wifi gaming. Connecting to the internet and server based online games isnt a problem but no games work on local wifi. Is there a setting change I can make to get the ipads to see each other and get this working. Thanks.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Home Hub 2.0 BT Infinity ipad local wifi connection problems

I am fairly sure that this cannot be done, unless there is some form of file sharing arrangement on ipads, like there is on Windows machines.

Perhaps an expert on Apple machines may be able to help?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
Rob70

Hi thanks for reply. I know a few people who do this (not with BT) and its a standard ipad feature for local wifi games. It just doesnt work on my home hub and I'm trying to find out why. I have spoken to Apple and they blame my router settings and I should seek advice from BT.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

I am not sure about the HH3, but some routers have an option to isolate wireless users from each other, usually under "wireless isolation".

If that is ticked, then wireless devices will not be able to communicate with each other.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
Rob70

I have Home Hub 2.0. I have heard this isolation mentioned on netgear routers but cant find anything in the hub manager. Does anyone know if there is anyway to overcome this problem or where the wireless isolation option is for HH2?  

Contributor
Words

Are the iPads connecting to the hub itself, or are they using the BTWiFi option? Connecting via BTWiFi would almost certainly stop them talking to each.

Beginner
Rob70

Yes via the Bt wifi FON/Openzone

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Rob70 wrote:

Yes via the Bt wifi FON/Openzone

Then it won`t work, as users are isolated, because all connections go via a virtual LAN, back to BTs servers.

Full wireless isolation is provided, which makes it totally secure.