Beginner
dg49999

Home Hub 2.0 tenvis ip camera wifi connection

The story goes like this folks:- my name rightly is Puterdunce a little knowledge and all that!!

I have connected a tenvis JPT3815W IP camera to my PC running Windows 7 via the HH2 by ethernet.

All is fine on my desktop and ipad (local network wireless and an app download), good control,video and snapshot.

However I have spent many frustrating days attempting to get a wireless connection to the internet so I can view the camera remotely.

I have tried all the options about 6 of them to achieve internet connectivity given by the device manual, I have a DDNS hostname, tried port forwarding and everything else I can think of within the HH2 basic and advanced settings, I have a download from the port forward website, been on every youtube tutorial I can find but I still cannot communicate with the IPcamera via my HH2 to the internet.

Will I ditch the HH2 and go for another router or is there someone out there who can help, many thanks David G.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Home Hub 2.0 tenvis ip camera wifi connection

There are plenty of people who have this type of thing working.

Look here Port forwarding with home hub

There are a number of threads on this website, which should point you in the right direction.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
dg49999

Thanks for the pointers Keith but I'd already been through most of them and failed miserably.

I've tried virtually every option within Port forwarding, fixed/unfixed ip address, DHCP, DMZ, ADSL, UPpN, Changed IP address range, I can't even get an open port on the various port checkers that show up on Google.

The frustrating thing is it works perfectly hardwired on the desktop and ipad locally. Beginning to think it's the camera set up maybe an incorrect IP address. The manual in pidgin English/Chinese was initially comical but now is a pain in the butt.

Has there been anyone out there who has succeeded with this bit of tenvis kit combined with a HH 2.0 router?

Dylan0905

Hi, 

If you have problem about how to setup your  TENVIS ip camera, you can have a  contact with their Customer Service or  visit their homepage to find some help.

Contributor
paulpa66

"I have connected a tenvis JPT3815W IP camera to my PC running Windows 7 via the HH2 by ethernet"

can you not view the camera remotely while connected to the ethernet then?

"However I have spent many frustrating days attempting to get a wireless connection to the internet"

Do you mean a wireless connection from pc to camera?

or am i misunderstanding here

Aspiring Expert
C1Rider

Hello,

If it works correctly using ethernet between camera and HH2 and doesn't when using wireless between camera and HH2 perhaps your HH2 is " confused" as the ethernet MAC is different from the wireless MAC and maybe you have the ethernet MAC set for port forwarding ??:smileywink:

musketskier

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue. After much trial and errors, the following seemed to do the trick

Step 1: set up camera with Ethernet cable - done and works

Step 2: disconnect camera, remove Ethernet cable, restart in WiFi: done and works

Step 3: setup email: done and works through ISP (BT in my case)

Step 4: setup FTP to my hosted service: done and works

Step 5: change admin password and all user accesses: done

Step 6:

go to hh admin page

On the Home. Tab, you will see the list of devices connected to the wireless.

Make a note of the Tenvis (reads like 'Linux 2.4..............' in my case)

to setup the port forwarding

Go to advanced settings and confirm

Settings - Port forwarding - supported application

Add a new game or application - create a 'Tenvis' or 'IPCamera' or other as Game or application name

Set the port range like from range   85-85  to  82-82  

where 85 is the port to use from Internet and

82 the port as you get in your internal network (change these as per your setup)

Save! then go to configuration

Select the 'game or application' as your just created one (most likely atthe very bottom of the list)

Select the device (see above note made on the Tenvis (like 'Linus 2.4..........')

Add, save, ...

Wait for a few minutes and then try

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/.     

to get your Internet ip address (make a note of it)  and also check open port

I had to go through this several times and save, and again, it then materialised as port seen as open

You can now try to typ. In the browser http://x.x.x.x:85  where x.x.x.x is your Internet ip and 85 your Internet open port.

Worked for me ... Good luck.