Beginner
JennyEdwards

Home Hub 2 & external hard drive

Hi

I have a home hub 2 and am trying to connect a western digital external usb to it. I have connected a basic 2gb memory stick to the usb and can access this with no problems however when I plug in the external hard drive and double click the bthub icon I get the following message "windows cannot access \\bthub check the spelling of the name otherwise there might be a problem with your network" does anyone have any suggestions please.

Thank You

Sage
imjolly

Re: Home Hub 2 & external hard drive

in previous posts your HDD needs to be formatted to FAT32 and not NTFS

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
Bert93

sorry, why do people connect external HDD's to there HH? what does it do?

Kind Regards, Bert
Beginner
JennyEdwards

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that but the drive is formatted as fat32 as I had read this in an earlier thread we did it before I posted however my hubby now informs me that he had formatted to exfat so I have done it as I asked him to do and now it works perfectly

Thank You

Contributor
Bert93

Glad you have it working :smileyhappy: but can someone answer me? why do you connect an external hdd to the hub?

Kind Regards, Bert
Sage
imjolly

network storage accessible by all devices on the network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.