Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Home Hub 3 - Poor Wireless Performance and Solutions

That is a very outdated link !

See

Wireless connection problems

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Expert
NewtronStar

there seems to be one thing missing about the Wireless range and it's the internal antenna on devices the less bars you have the less of a performance, like most radio receivers you need a good ariel to get the best signal, I do think wifi routers and receiving devices need external antennas (back to those mini rubber ducks sticking outside the router)

Aspiring Contributor
trex

LOL at that site not being viewable from outside of a bt broadband connection.

Bit like having a manual for cd/dvd writer on CD when you need to trouble shoot why the cd won't read.
Sage
john46

the site is meant for BT broadband users that is why access is blocked to other providers
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
trex

Yes but as I said that's like putting a manual on a CD for trouble shooting why your cd won't read in your new CD-ROM drive.

In other words when someones BT BB goes off and they have no access and they go to someone else house non BtBB to research then they've got no chance of fixing these issues if the info is locked to BTBB users only.

p o r

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

You can access my website via BT Wifi, BT FON, or BT Openzone, which BT Broadband users have free access to.

My website is locally hosted, and has a limited number of connections, and by putting it in a closed user group, I can eliminate search engines, and other unwanted accesses.

Most of the information is available from other sites on the Internet, I keep stuff on my site to save me having to repeat the same stuff each time the same question is asked. Its also there for other forum members to reference, if they want to.

My website is not connected with BT in any way, and BT offer their own help pages.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Contributor
trex

Have you used BTfon / openzone from within a house. Good luck getting a connection where there are simply none. People are wiser now and switch off the pre-selected opted in btfon.

It's nice you've done that for BT users but BT should simply sticky it under READ THIS FIRST or under the more truthful heading HH performing poorly section..