MarkleG

Home Hub 3 USB & NAS help.

Hi all, great forum.

I've been reading about the USB port on my HH3 and can't wait to get home and try it out. I've been looking for a cheap NAS drive for a while and in a flash of inspiration wondered what I can do with the USB on my HH. I do have a couple of questions about it though.

I'm using a Fat32 formatted 2Gb pen drive, does the media make any difference (i.e. would a traditional HDD be better)?

Will I be able to see the drive with my Android phone?

Did anyone get the PS3 or XBOX360 to see the drive and stream media?

Are there any drives I should avoid, ones that defintely won't work?

Can I acces the drive from another location over the internet or share a link to a file on my drive with someone else?

Sorry about the brain dump but I'm quite excited (I know, I should get out more) about trying this out and want to manage my expectations about what I can and can't do. Thanks for your time :-)

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Home Hub 3 USB & NAS help.

There is a thread here http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/USB-Connection-on-Router/m-p/339415#M11786

But I think you may be disappointed with the performance. Its best to use a proper NAS device.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

MarkleG

Re: Home Hub 3 USB & NAS help.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen the thread, and the page it links to, is this the fullest information onj the USB port's abilities? I had hoped for more info.