Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Re: Home Hub 3 and wireless connection problems

Yes BB, and gosh I sure do share your frustration.  The link was to an Edimax router recommended by deltaflyer, the one he uses actually as I wasn't sure which one to purchase.  Which I have done, and am impatiently awaiting arrival of now, to REPLACE THE HH3 - although WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY EXTRA because BT equipment is faulty/not fit for purpose when everything worked ABSOLUTELY FINE before!!!

Sorry to hear that support are unwilling to help!  I did send a message to the moderators as suggested but am not holding out much hope.

WE JUST WANT DECENT WIRELESS, AT LEAST EQUIVALENT TO WHAT WE HAD BEFORE the upgrade!!!!!

BB
Contributor

In defence of BT Forum team they did try to be helpful & seemed to be concerned about my issue even replaced my HH3, what did annoy me was the way I have been written off without an offer of an engineer visit & just put down my wirelsess issue to electrical interference (something which didn't seem to effect BT Broadband with HM2 :smileyfrustrated: )

Aspiring Contributor

So the replacement HH3 didn't help matters?  I've heard some people are on their third ...

Exactly.  Why was there no "electrical interference" before??

Aspiring Contributor

Re: Home Hub 3 and wireless connection problems - IPv6?

Would manually inputting an IP address, as I've read on some other problems, help my problem?  I don't know how to do that or where to input so any help would be appreciated.  Windows 7 does seem to have problems with Infinity also judging from what I've read.

Thanks for any assistance.

Aspiring Contributor

HH3 & Wireless Connection Problems

I would really appreciate if some of the experts on here are able to answer this question?

Much appreciated.

Aspiring Expert

Re: HH3 & Wireless Connection Problems

[ Edited ]

Your having a wirless problem this nothing to do with IPv6 so why is IPv6 even mentioned on your Main Thread strange !

Boy it sounds like you talk in riddles without getting to the Point.

Aspiring Expert

Re: HH3 & Wireless Connection Problems

[ Edited ]

I am uncertain as to what device you are having problem connecting via wireless , you will need to more upfront if a member is going to help you !

If it's the netbook and if you have entered the Network key your problem may be down to WPA / WPA2 your netbook my not be able to use these, so you will have to go into HH3 and set it up as a WEP encryption if you cant get the netbook updated to use WPA/WPA2.

Aspiring Contributor

Well, to state the obvious, I am having problems with a 2-year old Samsung netbook on Windows 7 which cannot get wireless internet connectivity with newly installed BT Infinity and/or Home Hub 3, when there was absolutely no problem over years with BT Total Broadband and Home Hub 2.  I am curious to know what has changed between the two, and what difference WPA/WPA2/WEP would make (I'm pretty sure the netbooks supports WPA/WPA2 because that was on the old HH2).

I mention IPv6 because I wasn't sure if that was an issue or not.

Possibly if you read the whole thread that might have clarified things for you, but I understand if you don't wish to take the time.

In any case I am very grateful to deltaflyer for all his assistance.

Aspiring Expert

You don't say if you've tried the standard fixes like restarting the HH3, but I'll assume you have.   In the meantime I don't know if this is possible on a HH3 ( mine doesn't get installed until Tuesday 19th ) but I've solved similar problems on my current router by going into the router screens and deleting all the entries from the DHCP client table - not sure why that worked but it did !

It might also be an idea to consider making the HH3 use a fixed wireless channel rather than its inbuilt "automatic channel selection."   Ideally you should be using a channel that none of your neighbours are using.  How do you find out ?    On a PC that IS talking via wireless to your HH3, open a Command Prompt window and type

netsh wlan show networks mode=Bssid

That'll show whose network is using what channel ( you may need to scroll up or down to see them all ), after that you just need to configure the HH3 for manual channel selection as per the documentation, and choose a channel no-one else is using.

BB
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Decided to bit the bullet so to speak & get myself wired up over the weekend as supposedly the problem is with interference in my tiny one bedroom flat (which never effected BT Broadband on a HH2), well that was a total waste of time after getting a initial speeds of 5mb DL & 1mb UL (still incredibly slow compared to what I was led to believe I was going to get) this speed gradually deteriorated to a not so nippy DL 337.5kbps / UL 202.3kbps on Sunday whilst wired 

This has obliviously led me to the conclusion that this supposed interference is not the case of the awful speeds I have been getting & is a fault elsewhere, thankfully after being a reported issue since 07/05/12 I have finally been arranged to have an engineer visit. I'm just hoping they are more competent than the majority of people I have had the misfortune of dealing with since this issue began