Aspiring Expert
Taffy078

How can I put a BT email icon on my desktop?

Just discovered I'm on the new BT email.

I've always had a BT email icon on my desktop which I've always used to click on it to open my log-on screen.

(1) How can I get another icon to take me to the new log-on screen?

(2) Last time I asked about this (years ago) someone told me to set up a tab on a Favourites bar. How do I do that?

As always, your assistance would be greatly appreciated, please! :smileyhappy:

Sage
imjolly

Re: How can I put a BT email icon on my desktop?

I didn't think the new BT email was available yet and we were still with btyahoo

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
Jay-Tanna

[ Edited ]

The new BT poratl is now live from today.  I just logged in using the new portal.  BTYahoo will be redirected to the new portal automatically.

<http://assets.bt.com/v1/btcomd/btyahoo/index.html>

To create a link to the new portal on your desktop, just right-click on the desktop and then choose New Link.  See this picture:

hope this helps.

Contributor
Jay-Tanna

Perhaps this might be a better link to put on the desktop:

<https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform>

Good luck.

Aspiring Expert
Taffy078

[ Edited ]

thank you for your help. When I logged in on my IE8 / XP desktop, BT Mail redirecetd me to the old Yahoo site, not BTYahoo but Yahoo.

Perhaps I tried just when the new portal was being introduced so I'll try again later.

Also when I clicked on the email link to your answers I got a blank screen with "Done" in the bottom left. I can't see that that's connected with the new portal so again I try later!

Jay-Tanna: Your link worked a treat. Can I change it to an icon on my desktop?

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Taffy078 wrote:

Jay-Tanna: Your link worked a treat. Can I change it to an icon on my desktop?

Yes, as J-T suggested above. Right-click somewhere on your desktop > New > Shortcut > copy the link. You can then choose a suitable icon by right-clicking it > Properties > Change Icon.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Expert
Taffy078

The farce continues. On my Win7 / IE10 laptop: I hit the old BT Yahoo icon (globe) on the desktop (of my laptop!). This took me to the normal log-in screen which opened the old Mail screen.

Signed out and went in via the http://assets.bt.com/v1/btcomd/btyahoo/index.html link. That took me to the new BT sign-in screen which then took me to the old BTYahoo inbox.

Signed out of that and went in via the https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform link. Same again - took me to the new BT sign-in screen which then took me to the old BTYahoo inbox.

So I'm not being taken to the new portal nor am I being re-directed when using the old route. I'll sort out the icon issue later but first I'll post a separate thread re this route problem. Thanks for your help and your patience.

StuartH

Hi Taffy078

Hope these answers help with some of the issues you have raised.

How do people save a link / bookmark to the new login process?

For easy access to BT Yahoo mail through the BT login page, people can save or bookmark the BT.com homepage, They can then access this page and click the email link in the main navigation bar to access the new login page.  Instructions on how to set BT.com as your homepage if they wish can be found here: http://www.bt.com/static/includes/account/portal/

Why is the experience different on different machines / laptops?

We’re in the middle of a process of altering the login process for BT Yahoo email and during the next few weeks it’s possible you’ll see both the old and new experience if you use different laptops, computers or devices while this transition happens.  Very soon all access to the BT Yahoo web email clients will be through BT.com

Thanks

Stuart

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)