Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How to block download programs in BT HomeHub router

Hello BT support,

I have problems with my neighbours, who are using download programs like (bit torrents, zMule, utorrent and etc) and i have very bad internet connection speed.

I have tried to talk with them ten times, but they do not understood it tun it off, so i want to know it is possible to block torrent programs in BT router, because this router is different than all others like as Linksys,D-Link and etc, different managment.

Sincerely

Justin

Distinguished Sage

Re: How to block download programs in BT HomeHub router

Justin wrote:

Hello BT support,

I have problems with my neighbours, who are using download programs like (bit torrents, zMule, utorrent and etc) and i have very bad internet connection speed.

I have tried to talk with them ten times, but they do not understood it tun it off, so i want to know it is possible to block torrent programs in BT router, because this router is different than all others like as Linksys,D-Link and etc, different managment.

Sincerely

Justin

Why are your neighbours accessing your broadband? Did you give them the wireless key?

Which BT Home hub are you using?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

I am renting room in the house where are one router for all house mates( all renting flats not owners). I dont know which hub, On the connection written BTHub3. It is possible to block ports in this router or not?

Distinguished Sage

Justin wrote:

I am renting room in the house where are one router for all house mates( all renting flats not owners). I dont know which hub, On the connection written BTHub3. It is possible to block ports in this router or not?

No, there is no provision to do that on the HH3, you would have to but your own router.

Are you connected to the home hub using wireless or an Ethernet cable? I assume the home hub belongs to the landlord?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

I am using wireless connection. Yes, but he is living in different city not in Leeds. So i am wanted to be friendly and solve this problem without landlord, but it looks like i need to contact with landlord to solve this problem, thanks anyway for fast support, and answers.

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

Justin wrote:

I am using wireless connection. Yes, but he is living in different city not in Leeds. So i am wanted to be friendly and solve this problem without landlord, but it looks like i need to contact with landlord to solve this problem, thanks anyway for fast support, and answers.

If you have admin access to the home hub, then disabling uPnP is usually quite effective in restricting ports.

Distinguished Sage

if he is living in a different city not Leeds then how is he using your home hub???
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Yes i have access to router, ok i will try to make it, but i dont think so it works for it and maybe you know what is that i will show you link made screen shot.-->> http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8646/14042964.jpg

Distinguished Sage

john46 wrote:
if he is living in a different city not Leeds then how is he using your home hub???

Its the landlord that is living in a different city, John.

Landlord does not using same connection, my neighbours are using same connection.