Expert
gouledw

Re: How to request a functionality addition to the Home Hub 3

This is a friendly community, not a spiteful one. The forum mods have many things to do, including fixing more immediate problems like people without a telephone line or broadband connection at all. Think yourself lucky you can get both at the moment.
Contributor
davidandtimmy

bt isnt best so far they are overpriced,bt visions doesnt have any new programmes worth watching

the bt homehub is backdoor survelience snoop for bt to spy n monitor on what you are doing

bt is blocking p2p2 networks and torrents and they r controlled by the mpaa riia and greedy film companies in hollywood and record companies

after all bt if u cant fix the loopback problem on your router then get out and sort it out i neverh eard anyone having problem with virgin boradband i rather go with virginmedia 200 fibre optic line when it comes bt suxs and capp you

Sage
john46

Hi david and timmy this is a customer to customer forum we are all here trying to offer help to each other with bt products and services and personal remarks about posters are unnessasary you have the opportunity of contacting the forum mods if you wish to here is the link to there webform
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 the mods normally reply direct to you by email or phone within 72 hours
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
davidandtimmy

well it looks like you cant fix the loopback problem dont try to fob me off and try to close this subject case it hasnt been fixed so dont tell me to go or whatever i want a definate date for the fix  for the loopback problem so i can use my pc as a server so has the bt hub team got a date or what??it not just me that is angry about this situation not being solved it other people with xbox360 and servers who pay for a rubbish spy on your network service

so lads n girls give a mention on here that you are still wiating for this case to cleared n solved with a simple firmware solution??

Sage
john46

I am not trying to fob you off the mods are the people to contact they have access to all parts of BT and can get you answers you want try them here's the link again
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor
davidandtimmy

so what the answer then yes or no can they fix the loopback problem or what why dont the mods speak to the bt team and let them give a reply when they are gonna fix it??

Sage
john46

As I keep repeating contact them and ask them the mods are BT employees
Contributor
PsiDOC

[ Edited ]

Yasi Grist! Demand, demand, demand!

Ok here's what you want to do.

Open an SSH session on your Home hub 3 (they removed telnet completely for some reason!)

Then type the following commands:

conf set admin/rmt_mng/ports/%/enabled 1

conf set admin/rmt_mng/ports/%/port 2

conf reconf 1

Oh wait a second. You can't SSH in on a stock Home Hub 3. You have to unlock it and remove the SSH LAN firewall entries first. You could always try and get one of the BT helldesk personnel to remote in and do it for you of course. :smileywink:

Psi

As a footnote. Yes this post is a bit flippant, however the above commands are real and do set it up for loopback which by the way, is switched off as default in ALL OpenRG firmwares.

Erlidoch 'm namyn ewyllysi erioed arhosa 'm
Contributor
davidandtimmy

well if u got the right code to modify it then how come they can update the code through the firewall??simple they must know how to change the firewall settings and thust implete the code into it well bthomehub team getting wiritng into it and sort ito ut fast night

Sage
john46

Hi you know how to get the answers you want I honestly do not understand why you do not just contact the mods and get the answers you are looking for it is the simple way to get them???????